New Holsters

New Holsters

This is a discussion on New Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Received 2 new holsters today from Little Feather Leather Works . I'm VERY pleased with the workmanship and quality of these holsters. Got one for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Holsters

New Holsters

Received 2 new holsters today from Little Feather Leather Works. I'm VERY pleased with the workmanship and quality of these holsters. Got one for my Kahr PM9 and one for the Sig P245. Both fit better than any holster I've ever purchased and this includes a couple of $600.00 plus rigs for Cowboy Action Shooting. No need to wrap the guns in plastic bags and jam into the holsters for 48 hrs. to get a decent fit. Both guns slide in as smooth as silk and retentions is just how I like it for an IWB holster. Ordered these on June 1st and received today. Only 44 days (with 4th of July holiday thrown in between) from order to delivery. That seems pretty outstanding for custom holster makers. I highly recommend the Chief's work.

Hoss

These are all photos of the Kahr holster. The Sig holster is identical, just larger.

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Good looking holster

Clean lines, I like the color and it looks more than sturdy. Looks like a great piece of leather!

Kudos!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Lead Moderator
    Wow, I love the colors of that holster. Very cool.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yep, I Agree...

Nice looking leather...

Enjoy...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's a pretty cool two tone look on your gear.

Beautiful! Thats the sunset color option right? The chief does do good work, I have only a mag pouch from him but am planning on getting more. Congrats on the new gear. Are those suede lined?

I have one Littlefeather holster. It is superb.
    Dave

JD
    Administrator
    Very, very sharp indeed.

Administrator

Post Very Nice Leather Work

"No need to wrap the guns in plastic bags and jam into the holsters for 48 hrs. to get a decent fit."

Just for clarification

I should add that custom makers such as Gary Brommeland intentionally make their holsters with an initial weapon fit that is extra tight to the firearm.

That is because all leather rigs will loosen up a bit over time.
    Even when using the very best portions of the finest leather hides that are available.

For instance...Brommeland considers his holsters to be a long term investment.
    For that reason he is highly concerned about how a holster will fit the firearm 6 months or a year or 10 years down the road.

In crafting his holsters with an extra tight initial fit he helps to guarantee that the individual firearm will flawlessly fit the intended weapon even after a normal and natural inclination for all leather holsters to relax and "break in" a bit.

So in other words the Extra Tight Initial Fit is in no way related to how the holster will fit the firearm when you first receive it.

It is directly related to the future fit of the firearm to the leather even after extensive practice drawing the firearm from leather.

Many customers who buy holsters such as a Brommeland are serious working professional people who (very likely) will practice drawing from leather sometimes hundreds of times in one week.
    Often also wearing their leather 16 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Their holsters need to loosen and still fit perfectly rather than loosen to be overly loose.

Just so all understand why the initial fit on some professional carry leather seems TIGHT when the rig is brand new.

It is done very intentionally and is not a happenstance of the maker not knowing how to fabricate a properly fitting leather rig.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It is done very intentionally and is not a happenstance of the maker not knowing how to fabricate a properly fitting leather rig
    Sorry if I gave the impression that I thought the tight holsters were substandard. That isn't what I intended. However, I have never had a holster that stretched out only from the firearm itself being in the holster. All that have been very tight I've had to put layers of plastic bags around the gun and leave it in for 2-4 days to get the leather to stretch out so that the gun could be drawn without pulling your belt up to your neck before the holster let go. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the fact that until January this year with the passage of Kansas' CCW law, I did not have a firearm in a holster on a continuous basis. It would only be in the holster during a competition or range work, but then it came out for storage. My only thought on how these new holsters fit is that they don't have to be stretched out to begin with yet hold the firearm firmly enough to not fall out. Plus, since they fit so well to begin with and I don't have to "break them in", I'll do much less damage to the finish on my firearms than I would having to scrape them in and out of a holster until it breaks in.

Sorry if my original comments were misleading.

Beautiful! Thats the sunset color option right?
    Yes, except that I believe he actually calls it sunburst. The holster type that I wanted is actually pictured on his web site in that coloration. He seemed a little surprised when I told him that's how I wanted them both done. He said that he had only done that coloration "because he could" and didn't really think that shooters would go for it when ordering. Call me strange -- I liked it.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

The color is outstanding!! Very nice

Administrator
    I really like that shaded coloration. It's tastefully done.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Interesting colors. I like it!
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Looks great. I like his color and shading choices too.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links