Whats Wrong With This Picture

This is a discussion on Whats Wrong With This Picture within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Doesn't look like a stable design to me....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats Wrong With This Picture

Doesn't look like a stable design to me.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

2. Remove Ads

"The problem is you have a left handed holster with a right hand cut attachment arm."

This is what i though when I first called the company. I was told that all there clips are the same weather they are for left or Right hand holsters. I then said the holes must be drilled in the wrong place on the clip. They sent me a second clip the one you see in the picture.
    I am sending these pictures to Blade Tech with a letter asking for my money back.

RM,

The other problem then might be that you do have the correct hook and have it yourself attached to the wrong side of the holster itself.
    Below is your pics, note the bolt just below the molding for the trigger guard...

Now here is the pic of the same product from the Blade Tech website...

Notice the difference.
    You have the attachment arm on your pic mounted on the wrong side of the molding.
    I just now noticed this. The attachment arm should be reversed as in go on the underside of the molding not on the top as you have it.

Unbolt the arm, flip it over 180degrees and then rebolt it to the molding on the opposite of you have it currently as is shown in the pic from Blade Tech.
    When you received the product did you for some reason remove the arm to adjust it's cant?. It is designed to be adjustable but the placement of the arm is specific.

- Janq
    Last edited by Janq; July 16th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Yep.

Blade Tech is not known for making 'junk' and this specific product works very well as marketed and intended when setup properly.
    This looks to me to be a case of user error, if in fact the attachment arms are not sided left to right as indicated by Blade Tech.

I very much like my UCH and it costing only $80 was an appreciated bonus relative to the competing CTAC (which I also have...and rarely ever choose to wear) and others at or above it's price point.
    Many folks feel the same way toward the UCH though it's not as well known by name alone as the competing CTAC.

- Janq

Edit: Weird. I'd posted this as a reply to Billy K. below. :huh:
    Last edited by Janq; July 16th, 2007 at 03:18 PM.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Jang, You are so correct. attention to detail indeed
    RVN 68-69 101st Abn. Div. D Co. 101st Avn. Bn.

I have this holster.
    If the attachment arm is attached from the back as suggested , it will no longer be tuckable. It appears to me to be attached as it should be.

It also appears the hole selection is incorrect. For a normal cant, the 2 holes along the trailing edge of the holster should be used.
    reference the picture from the web site against the picture posted by the OP.

ymmv

"Blade Tech is not known for making 'junk' and this specific product works very well as marketed and intended when setup properly.
    This looks to me to be a case of user error, if in fact the attachment arms are not sided left to right as indicated by Blade Tech."

The holster is a left handed holster. The way it is set up is the way it came from Blade Tech.
    Just learned Blade Tech has a 30 day money back guarantee. The holster will go back in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RM686 View Post
    "Blade Tech is not known for making 'junk' and this specific product works very well as marketed and intended when setup properly.
    This looks to me to be a case of user error, if in fact the attachment arms are not sided left to right as indicated by Blade Tech."

The holster is a left handed holster. The way it is set up is the way it came from Blade Tech.
    Just learned Blade Tech has a 30 day money back guarantee. The holster will go back in the morning.
    Good to hear... please look into crossbreedholsters.com I love mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links