For My First Post, I Present My New High Noon Holster With a Review!

This is a discussion on For My First Post, I Present My New High Noon Holster With a Review! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings, I'm a new guy to the world of concealed carry. I've had my permit for 2 months since I've turned 21. I am not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For My First Post, I Present My New High Noon Holster With a Review!

Greetings,

I'm a new guy to the world of concealed carry. I've had my permit for 2 months since I've turned 21. I am not new to weapons however, I've been actively involved in shooting defensively and competition since an early teenager. I found this site just perusing the internet and figured I'd check it out. Unlike most forums I see where people make their first post a worthless "Hi my name is Joe and I like guns" thread, I present something of "value".

Last week I recieved a High Noon Closing Argument holster. I must say that I am extremely impressed. I will attempt to write a small review on my first tuckable holster (and the entire ordering process) that I have bought in my less than two months of carrying concealed.

1. Ease of Ordering:
    The ease of ordering was phenomenal with High Noon. I spoke with Justin, a very friendly and helpful employee, who answered all of my questions without hesitation. I also let him know I am a pain in the ass because I didn't want to wait the extended period to have the holster. I wanted it ASAP! He informed me that they have a fee of $50.00 which is called a "Stop Factory" charge, and that charge gets your holster shipped in four days!

I decided on the Closing Argument in Horsehide flavor, which brought my total to $129.95 before shipping/taxes and stop factory charge. I thought about it good and hard for about 10 minutes and decided that $50 was worth not waiting the 10-12 week turnaround. So, because I live in the Gunshine State as High Noon does, my total wass $200.05.

I ordered the holster on Monday. And today, it sits inside my waistband.

2. Product quality:
    My initial reaction to opening the bag that it came with was "WOAH!". The leather smelt fresh and it was beautifully crafted. The stitching looked phenomenal and the intricacies on the holster blew my mind away. Upon holstering my G36, the grooves on the slideguard even matched up, and upon further inspection near the inside-bottom of the holster, you see the "36" near the bottom where it is also on the gun slide. Awesome! (not that it has any functionality, I just appreciate little details like that)

The holster is very firm and extremely comfortable. My Comp-Tac Pro Undercover is a great holster, but uncomfortable as hell to wear for more than an hour or two. This holster has been on my side since delivery earlier today and is hardly noticable. Seems to fit like a glove.

3. Concealability:
    IWB with a shirt untucked is a natural mode of concealment for me with no printing. I wasn't worried about it, but I experimented all day long with it. I am satisfied with how it conceals with an untucked shirt.

BUT... I bought a tuckable holster... let's get down to business. I have never had a tuckable holster, but I've wanted one, because being able to carry at work it moot without one since I have a white collar tie/shirt/slacks requirement. In jeans with the shirt loosely tucked, the gun disappears! Totally blew my mind. I have always been skeptical on how well one can conceal with a tucked in shirt. I will note, I carry @ the 1600 position.

I noticed after I had the pic taken, that my shirt bunched up around the front of the weapon, easily fixed (I didn't realize it took so much time to get a technique down to tucking the shirt in PERFECTLY)

Overview: All in all, my experience with High Noon has been amazing so far. I love this product, and enjoyed quick customer service on a quality piece of gear. You all have my recommendation for High Noon.

Welcome to the forum and am glad you found yourself a nice looking holster.There is all kinds of info here if you but look. sj

Administrator

Thumbs up

Hi Chimpy

Welcome to the forum - and nice first post.
    Glad that you like your holster and thanks for the great pics.

I should say though that we'll gladly take a simple "Hi My Name Is Joe." from any member that decides that he or she wants to actively participate by starting with just saying Howdy.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Very nice and concise report! I hope you continue to like your new holster. It looks Great! Thanks for the pics

Welcome to the forum and hope you continue to post here!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Welcome to the Forum. Nice holster too!
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Nice holster. I would have paid more to get one sooner too. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. High Noon makes nice holsters. Check out some of the other leather crafters on the mega page.

Senior Moderator
    Welcome, glad you like the holster.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Howdy!, Nice review& Welcome.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

...and thanks for the pic's and review...looks like it will work well for you!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great writeup! I love members that get down to the business of actual product review. It's not easy for some people to put down into words the important aspects of a particular product or item and do it in a practical and intelligible manner. Not only that, but you included pictures which please all of us!

Now I do have some questions. Does your Glock 36 poke you at all at 1600 when you sit down? Can you post a picture showing the holster and gun IWB but untucked? My EDC is a Sig P239 (which I know is larger in some dimensions, but definitely thinner) and I'm having a hard time imagining it in that position while sitting. Though my wife doesn't know how I can wear at 4:30. Can you post some pictures of you twisting/turning? At least where you carry you don't have to worry about the dreaded bending at the waist printing.

Thank you again and welcome to this great forum!
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    Great writeup! I love members that get down to the business of actual product review. It's not easy for some people to put down into words the important aspects of a particular product or item and do it in a practical and intelligible manner. Not only that, but you included pictures which please all of us!

Now I do have some questions. Does your Glock 36 poke you at all at 1600 when you sit down? Can you post a picture showing the holster and gun IWB but untucked? My EDC is a Sig P239 (which I know is larger in some dimensions, but definitely thinner) and I'm having a hard time imagining it in that position while sitting. Though my wife doesn't know how I can wear at 4:30. Can you post some pictures of you twisting/turning? At least where you carry you don't have to worry about the dreaded bending at the waist printing.

Thank you again and welcome to this great forum!

My weapon does not poke or jab in any way on my body. Comfort is at a max on this holster. I also however wear a thin A-Shirt under my regular shirt as well to provide a buffer between the holster and myself. Even though I know horsehide is uber-repellant to moisture, couldn't hurt to keep it's exposure to a minimum right?

Below is with the shirt untucked and to the side as you asked!

Conceals well. Not sure I could handle it tucked though, but it's working for you is all that matters. Nice photos.

Welcome, I use one on ocasion, works well.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Nice holster!..this company really knows their stuff. I ordered one from them, which happened to be in stock. I ordered it on a Tuesday, and it was delivered to my home that following Friday.
    semper fi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links