Crossbreed, supreme comfort

This is a discussion on Crossbreed, supreme comfort within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Maybe I missed a review of this product, but if you are looking for a super comfortable IWB you might want to give www.crossbreedholsters.com Super ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed, supreme comfort

Maybe I missed a review of this product, but if you are looking for a super comfortable IWB you might want to give www.crossbreedholsters.com Super Tuck a look. Have numerous other brands and for my Glock 23 I've never worn a more comfortable holster. The widely spaced j-hooks make it invisible, and the leather/kydex keep comfort up without making it too heavy and bulky. If you like a combat grip you will need to specify that, it isn't the standard. Prices seem reasonable, but as with all small custom shops, wait time is longer than the big boys.

i have 2 crossbreeds (taurus SOB, five-seven IWB) currently with a 3rd on order (five-seven SOB). love em.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I've had 2 Crossbreeds, one for a Sig that I no longer own and one for my current carry J Frame....love them.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

I ordered my combat grip Supertuck Deluxe on July 6th, and can't wait to try it with my XD9SC. I'm not sure what the current time frame is, but was planning on waiting 6-8 weeks. Figured I might ask him the status after 4 weeks. In the meantime, I have been using my Smartcarry and just sliding it over into the 4:00 position.

Yes, fine product indeed. Mike (or Mark, can never remember) is a great guy and I got it in 5 weeks, 2 days (quoted 6 to 8). Was torn between this and Brommelands' Maxcon, but with reports of 6 month and longer waits I went with the crossbreed. I don't regret it a bit, but I'm still curious about the notorious comfort/concealability of the Maxcon.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Forgive the ignorant question...but what's the difference between a combat grip and the standard?

From my understanding the combat grip has some of the leather on the body side cut out so that it is easier to get a full combat grip on your gun whereas the standard leather is fuller and some people have a problem getting that same grip.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    From my understanding the combat grip has some of the leather on the body side cut out so that it is easier to get a full combat grip on your gun whereas the standard leather is fuller and some people have a problem getting that same grip.
    Ahh, I didn't know that. I just learned to draw with my 3 fingers under the grip, and my thuimb on the back of the slide, where the hammer would be (the striker on my XD). My thumb kinda slide into place as the gun clears the leather/kydex. It works fine, but I can imagine that it could be more suceptable to dropping/fumbling.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I just received my Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe for my Glock 27. I have to say it it the most comfortable holster I have had - plus it will hold all of my Glocks. I just sold my Highnoon Tailgate holster which was also IWB & tuckable. Although the Highnoon was very well crafted - the tab that allowed it to be tuckable, gave way too much bulk. Just an FYI - I called Crossbreed holsters to order mine this week - they were running approx 4 weeks out for build time. He gave me a contact of James at Kelly's Police & Tactical - 417-831-3106 - one of their Dealers that stocks the most common gun models/holsters. It was the same price so I ordered it Monday & had it on my hip Wednesday. I wish they made one for my Kel-Tec PF9 - they make one for the P11 - but the PF9 is just a little thinner. I know there is a CTAC model for the PF9 - just don't know how comfortable it would be. Any way - another A+ for Crossbreed from my opinion.

FlyboyLDB,

Very good to know! Thanks for the time frame info and the alternate ordering method.

Crossbreed owners- I just got a SuperTuck IWB for my G19/G23. So far it's pretty comfortable on the bottom hole on both sides, but I am still trying to get it right. Curiously, what holes did you select?

I am currently at the 2nd hole from the top on the right and the last hole on the left. I am struggling with getting the cant right without it riding too low in pinching the top of my thigh. I have a VM2 for G26 and it's right on for me. From what I understand, the VM2 is set to an FBI cant. Any suggestions?
    ---
    It is said that the nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

Quote Originally Posted by c3ks View Post
    Crossbreed owners- I just got a SuperTuck IWB for my G19/G23. So far it's pretty comfortable on the bottom hole on both sides, but I am still trying to get it right. Curiously, what holes did you select?

I am currently at the 2nd hole from the top on the right and the last hole on the left. I am struggling with getting the cant right without it riding too low in pinching the top of my thigh. I have a VM2 for G26 and it's right on for me. From what I understand, the VM2 is set to an FBI cant. Any suggestions?
    I personally use the holes that give me the max cant. I guess it would depend on your body style as to what would be comfortable.

Jim

Assuming Right Handed. Looking at the holster - with the front of the holster facing you, I moved the belt clip on the right up to the very 1st hole - 1st hole starting from the top - moved the left clip to the 2nd hole. But I think that puts the holster down too far in the pants - thus more bulk - but concealed. I will probably move the left clip all the way to the bottom hole - like it came shipped - and the right clip to the 2nd or middle hole. I have another gun I need a holster for and Crossbreed does not make one for the Kel-Tec PF9 - he said maybe in the future.

LARSIN: Photo please

Hey Larsin or anyone else w/ a crossbreed w/ the combat grip cut. Can you post a pic of what the combat grip version looks like. My one hesitation w/ ordering a Crossbreed is the size of the backing leather. I don't want to have to change my draw stroke to accommodate a new holster.

Thanks

Mark advised the turnaround time was still at 4-5 weeks, so I should have mine by the 2nd week of August and will surely post pics for anyone interested.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links