Garrities Gunleather

This is a discussion on Garrities Gunleather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys, anyone have any info on Garrities Gunleather? I've tried to contact them repeatedly via e-mail and phone over the last few weeks and there ...

Thread: Garrities Gunleather

Garrities Gunleather

Guys, anyone have any info on Garrities Gunleather?

I've tried to contact them repeatedly via e-mail and phone over the last few weeks and there has been no response whatsoever.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt...maybe they're on vaca but as the weeks go by its tougher and tougher to do so.

Anyone have any feedback?

2. Remove Ads

Mark posted here a while back that his fulltime job as a Officer has been forcing him into a lot of over time as they are super short handed..

All i can say is leave him a message it usually takes a bit but he gets back to you

Tx for the reply Bud.

I really like one of his holsters and would like to order one after a question or two.

jpk,

I have an Incognito Deluxe rig that I got a few months ago. It is truly one of the most beautiful holsters I have. Very comfortable.

Only bit of advice I can offer is, I ordered my rig before he got really "busy" and it still took me over a year to receive my rig. If you want to order a holster, be patient. Expect that it will take at least a year before you see the product, maybe longer and you will be happy with the holster after you receive it. If you don't think you can be patient that long, then perhaps Garrity is not the right person for you to order from right now. I know that he recently posted on some of the forums a change of policy regarding lead times and it was something like he promises to try to deliver the holster within a year.

Either way good luck w/ your decision. I can tell you that the few times Mark didn't respond to my emails, he generally responded to my phone calls.

Wow, I ordered one in May and he told me it was a "several month" lead time. I was thinking like 4-5 months, not a year...wow...I'll probably be living in Africa by the time this thing is done. Too bad...I could use it now...

VIP Member
    No doubt Mark is busy. I have an order in with him too but it'll be worth the wait I'm sure!

Just shoot him another e-mail and he'll get back to you when he can!

garritysgunleather@cox.net
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

And just to be clear, I'm not knocking the guy...I know he's busy doing real work, appreciate the level of craftsmanship we're dealing with, and know his timeframe is long and variable. C'est la vie.

I had a brief lapse in email communication with him myself, but he's always been cordial, informative, and professional when we've talked/emailed. As everyone's pointed out, you're dealing with a single craftsman...gotta give the guy a break. He's training rookie officers to stay alive and do their jobs on our behalf; I'm not going to breathe down his neck about some leather.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I placed the order for my
    Incognito Deluxe last November and have sent a couple of emails, but no replies yet....
    I'll just use the Galco Summer comfort until I hear it's ready....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

When I started communicating with Mark Garrity he said email was the best for him - he never knows what shift he'll be working or when he'll get a chance, and email doesn't wake people up in the middle of the night.

I ordered a custom Incognito Deluxe from him and it took a few months of back and forth but we got everything figured out. He started with a Springfield Operator full length rail mold, then I drove my gun over to him (Baer Monolith) and he kept it for a day or so for final boning/molding. When the holster was done a few weeks (maybe it was a month and change, I wasn't counting) later, he mailed it on over. Beautiful work!

If you have some extra money to spend, think about his exotics. He does an outstanding job. His holsters are art to him - and to me too.

Austin

I got an Email from Mark Garrity a couple of weeks ago after not getting any response from him for a couple of weeks.

I cannot and will not divulge what he told me, but he was out of the state for a, what I consider a valid reason, and couldn't get on the internet.

If Mark pops up on here maybe he will tell you why he has been incognito. I'm waiting on an Incognito Deluxe myself. I just placed an order with Matt Delfatti today, and my Sparks is still pending too.

Biker

Sorry, guys - I've been flying under the radar a little more than usual lately. July has been hell, with me feeling like I was cursed at one point with some things in my personal life (we've all been there) ; but I think I'm back on track now. Refer to my new topic regarding e-mail responses.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Links