K&D Defender question

K&D Defender question

This is a discussion on K&D Defender question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read several posts that mention the the Cochise Defender, but none refering to the Dakota Defender. Does anyone have the Dakota Defender, and if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K&D Defender question

K&D Defender question

I've read several posts that mention the the Cochise Defender, but none refering to the Dakota Defender. Does anyone have the Dakota Defender, and if so what is your opinion?

Red face

I've been waiting for my Dakota for 14 weeks as of today. I was told 2 weeks ago that it should be shipped out last week.

The only difference (what KD told me) is that the Concise has a reinforced opening.

Let you know when I get it.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

DirtDawg:

If you would care to contact me at your convenience, I'd be more than happy to discuss with you the status of your holster order. Or if you would care to post your real name here, I'd be glad to post the current status of your holster order here as well. We do have some of the Dakota Defender holsters being shipped out on Monday -- yours may be one of those. And I don't know that you really answered Wildcat Creeker's question, other than to say you have a Dakota on order.

Wildcat Creeker:

The Dakota Defender is the most popular holster that we make. Here is a thread that's on the XDTalk forum that discusses the holster: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32489.

I don't have one but my opinion (since you asked) is that it is the most finely crafted and versatile IWB on the market. Straight up, just a great design.

My brother got a Dakota after I told him about it. I had a Milt Sparks VM2 for my G27, which is what my brother carries also. Having touched (more like fondled) and worn both holsters, I can see where the Dakota is the new standard for IWB.

I want one, but I just hate IWB so I have a personal preference to the OWB Defenders.

Not mine until ABC!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    Laredo defender here...OWB,best one I have ever owned,I will never wear this puppy out! Pure quality!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Wildcat Creeker
    I have a Dakota Defender on order from Kevin. When it arrives I will post pics and comments. I do have an Eagle Defender and Laredo Defender from K&D and can assure you that if Kevin produces it, you will be satisfied. I have seen Kevin post many times that if your not happy with his product he will refund your money. I have not seen too many others making that statement. He is a master at what he does. Order in confidence.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

+1 on K&D Holster's!!!!
    Tony

Awesome

+1 on Kevin's holsters! I've got mine on right now. Very comfortable... very EXCELLENT craftsmanship!
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
    DirtDawg:

If you would care to contact me at your convenience, I'd be more than happy to discuss with you the status of your holster order. Or if you would care to post your real name here, I'd be glad to post the current status of your holster order here as well. We do have some of the Dakota Defender holsters being shipped out on Monday -- yours may be one of those. And I don't know that you really answered Wildcat Creeker's question, other than to say you have a Dakota on order.

Wildcat Creeker:

The Dakota Defender is the most popular holster that we make. Here is a thread that's on the XDTalk forum that discusses the holster: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32489.
    Hey Kevin-email sent!

My bad-its only been 1 week since you contacted me. I need to start taking vitamin E for memory loss. But it was supposed to go out this week.

I ordered the Dakota because it combined many of the desirable attributes of many of my favorite holsters, thinness, clips vs loops, superb craftsmanship and an outstanding price.

I look forward to reviewing your holster when it arrives!
    Last edited by DirtDawg; July 21st, 2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I don't have one but my opinion (since you asked) is that it is the most finely crafted and versatile IWB on the market. Straight up, just a great design.

My brother got a Dakota after I told him about it. I had a Milt Sparks VM2 for my G27, which is what my brother carries also. Having touched (more like fondled) and worn both holsters, I can see where the Dakota is the new standard for IWB.

I want one, but I just hate IWB so I have a personal preference to the OWB Defenders.

Not mine until ABC!

Nice holster - is that ostrich?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    Hey Kevin-email sent!

My bad-its only been 1 week since you contacted me. I need to start taking vitamin E for memory loss. But it was supposed to go out this week.

I ordered the Dakota because it combined many of the desirable attributes of many of my favorite holsters, thinness, clips vs loops, superb craftsmanship and an outstanding price.

I look forward to reviewing your holster when it arrives!
    DirtDawg:

Your holster was put in the mail to you on Thursday, 7/19. Not quite sure how long it will actually take to get to you due to your locale, but hopefully not too long. Thanks for the opportunity to make the holster for you, and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Kevin

Hey Kevin-

My bad for not addressing the question at hand-no offense to KD Holsters in anyway!

Thanks for the update and I eagerly look forward to my new Dakota.

Kevin makes great product. I've got an OWB defender for my Glock, first class.

Sponsor
    I have the Cochise Defender(best money I ever spent) and after reviewing the K&D website, the notable differences between the Dakota and Cochise are as follows:
    The Cochise has a reinforced mouth to aid in one handed re holstering. The Dakota does not which minimizes the thickness.

The Dakota is completely enclosed at the nose of the pistol to keep debris from the barrel.
    The Cochise wraps around the nose but is not extended past the barrel to minimize the depth.

Either would be an excellent choice(IMHO), depending on what your priorities are.

I am also positive that any thing K&D markets is an exceptional product.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Thanks everyone for the replies. I spoke with Kevin at K&D this morning and placed an order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links