Fanny Pack or IWB for Summer CCW - Page 2

Fanny Pack or IWB for Summer CCW

This is a discussion on Fanny Pack or IWB for Summer CCW within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't currently have one but properly made fanny packs have an advantage in that you partially unzip one & have your hand on your ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanny Pack or IWB for Summer CCW

I don't currently have one but properly made fanny packs have an advantage in that you partially unzip one & have your hand on your gun as someone approaches without brandishing or threatening anyone. Another option with a medium to small handgun I've heard refered to as "Dork Packs" using a PDA or camera case on a belt.

I'm not a huge fan of fanny pack carry, but there some times when it's easier, such as when you're hiking, mountain biking, etc.

I just ordered this one, Camelbak Goblin, which is by far the most acceptable as far as fashion goes, since it serves double duty.

Click Me.
    NRA Certified Instructor

Primary carry guns: Glock 23, SA Loaded Custom LW Micro .45, S&W Model 10

If those don't work: BM/DPMS CAR-15 custom, Rem. 11-87 3.5-inch

Quote Originally Posted by SubMOA View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of fanny pack carry, but there some times when it's easier, such as when you're hiking, mountain biking, etc.

I just ordered this one, Camelbak Goblin, which is by far the most acceptable as far as fashion goes, since it serves double duty.

Click Me.
    I have been thinking about getting a fannypack as well for the same reasons, not for everyday carry just walking and hiking and such. That Goblin is pretty cool. Is that the water pouch part of it where it is laying sort of across the holster in the pack?

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    I like the iwb made by Blade tech I think it works well.

Try a Cross Breed Super Tuck, it is by far the most comfortable IWB I have. I have a Royal Guard and the Super Tuck holds my G19 closer and better, and costs half as much.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a fannypack as well for the same reasons, not for everyday carry just walking and hiking and such. That Goblin is pretty cool. Is that the water pouch part of it where it is laying sort of across the holster in the pack?
    I haven't gotten it yet, should be here in a couple of days, but from what I've seen of the photos, the bladder is in front of the concealment compartment, in the rear zippered pocket. It holds a liter of water and is somewhat insulated, so it should keep the water cool. Plus, the weight of the water forward of the concealment compartment, should help with presentation in case of emergency. It looked like a winner to me. Might be good at the beach, too.

I also use a belly band sometimes when I'm biking or hiking. It can get hot in the summer, but in the fall and spring, its pretty comfortable and keeps the gun up out of the way of your legs when you're pumping up a hill.
    NRA Certified Instructor

Primary carry guns: Glock 23, SA Loaded Custom LW Micro .45, S&W Model 10

If those don't work: BM/DPMS CAR-15 custom, Rem. 11-87 3.5-inch

Quote Originally Posted by SubMOA View Post
    I haven't gotten it yet, should be here in a couple of days, but from what I've seen of the photos, the bladder is in front of the concealment compartment, in the rear zippered pocket. It holds a liter of water and is somewhat insulated, so it should keep the water cool. Plus, the weight of the water forward of the concealment compartment, should help with presentation in case of emergency. It looked like a winner to me. Might be good at the beach, too.

I also use a belly band sometimes when I'm biking or hiking. It can get hot in the summer, but in the fall and spring, its pretty comfortable and keeps the gun up out of the way of your legs when you're pumping up a hill.
    Very cool, I may have to follow your lead and get one of these also. Gun concealement and some high quality H20 in one convienant pack.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    If I am wearing cargo style shorts, I wear one of two traditional holsters, but most of the summer months down here in south FL, I'm in lightweight workout gear, and no one looks twice at my having a fanny pack. They are also great when running or biking (duh!).

You should try the UCCWrap from UnderCoverComfort it works well under your clothes also try the Holster Tee shirts that they make. Contact them and they might havea solution for you. I get all of my stuff from them. You can reach them at www.undercovercomfort.com or www.undercovercomfort.net they do custom concealment gear maybe they will make something for you. Good luck

I own the Goblin and like it. The only thing I don't like about it is the waist strap, it seems a little too light material wise. I don't think you would want to load it down with more than water and your weapon.

I also have a smart carry and am really liking it. Another option if IWB carry doesn't work for you.

fanny packs

People still wear those??

The only time I use a fanny pack is while exercise walking or hiking. I have a large green one from Bagmaster that probably screams gun but no one I meet on the trail pays any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by rwdflynavy View Post
    I own the Goblin and like it. The only thing I don't like about it is the waist strap, it seems a little too light material wise. I don't think you would want to load it down with more than water and your weapon.

I also have a smart carry and am really liking it. Another option if IWB carry doesn't work for you.
    Re: The Goblin-

The photos on the website don't show much. Is the weapon compartment a breakaway, or do you have to unzip to draw? Is it big enough to hold a Colt Commander?

Thanks

I use both, depending on where I am going as to which one I use at that time.
    Keep your powder dry

[QUOTE]Black or OD green fanny packs may suggest gun, but maybe try a Camelbak Goblin or off color fanny pack./QUOTE]

I have seen those fancy leather fanny packs telegraphing "gun, gun gun." As an alternative, I found a camera case that has a large camera brand label on the outside. Better yet, it also had a mesh pocket on the outside where I can place a small shiny camera that is readily visible to the public. I really doubt that anyone has ever thought that it might be used as a concealed carry container. It is very common to see people carrying laptop computers. I have a laptop case that has a quick opening outside pocket with a velco flap. It is not quick draw, but it allows carrying concealed when it is too hot otherwise. Then there are the areas where it would appear foolish and out of place to be carrying a laptop computer. That is when it is time to go back to looking like a tourista with my camera case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links