C-Tac or the Infidel & why ?

This is a discussion on C-Tac or the Infidel & why ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm feeling the need to add something in kydex to my holster drawer. Why?well why not. Who knows I could like it. Been considering the ...

Thread: C-Tac or the Infidel & why ?

I'm feeling the need to add something in kydex to my holster drawer. Why?well why not. Who knows I could like it.

Been considering the C-Tac or the Infidel to carry my Glocks ( 19,23,26 & 27 ) until my Max Con VI arrives.

So for those with experience with these two holsters, please give me your honest opinion as to comfort, ease of draw, quality & concealability and any other comment you would care to share.

THANKS.

Senior Moderator
    I have a C-Tac for my 1911, and one for my S&W M&P 9c.

Of the two, I carry the 9c a lot more in the C-Tac.

For me, it has been quite comfortable. I found, though, that the stock clips liked to become unclipped from the Wilderness belt I wear. A switch to the C clips made it rock solid.

I don't carry the 1911 in it much, because I have a DefConV for it. The DefCon is just sooo comfortable.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

sass20485, I have the Infidel, but not the CTAC. The Infidel is a great holster. It is stable and fast. I got the Infidel, because I had ordered the Cochise Defender from K&D Holsters and needed something for the waiting period. IMHO, the CTAC is the Kydex version of the Cochise Defender. It can be adjusted in a variety of different heights and cants. I did not get the CTAC because in my thinking, it was a lot like the Cochise Defender and it seemed that I would be doubling up on basically the same kind of holster. After owning the Cochise Defender, I honestly now am considering buying the CTAC. All of that adjustability is very nice and one should be able to get it "just right".
    I have my eyes open for a good CTAC.
    There are advantages and disadvantages to both. The Infidel is more flexible in mounting options, but is also a bit wider in actual wear because the main belt clip is right over the holster where the clips on the CTAC are both offset.
    Anyway, I hope this helps a bit. Both are fine holsters.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Thanks guys. Yes, Ront, I noted the Infidel has a mounting position over the gun, which I found in more experience with other such designs, tends to add some thickness to the package,that has to be considered when trying to conceal it. Think I may go with the C-Tac.

I have owned both and returned the Infidel. Great holster really, I wanted to keep it but the CTAC is slimmer and sits lower. (I flipped the tabs) Funny, after looking at Ront's photos I ordered a K&D Dakota Defender.....now he's considering a CTAC.

Oh the irony...................

The CTAC is a great holster, not the MOST comfortable rig ever but definitely up there. Leather MIGHT be better.....we'll see. The Kydex draw is tough to beat though.

I get a CTAC for every pistol I will carry. They are quick and I can carry immediately with many options for setting cant. This works for me while I wait for my K&D defenders.

I personally like the clips fore and aft of the holster. Your mileage may vary, especially with your body structure.

I have a CTAC for my Glock 23. This is the first Kydex holster I have ever owned. At first the upper part of the holster was really digging into my side (um, gut) but I flipped the tabs and worked with the adjustments to get it more comfortable. I was really concerned about being able to conceal it with only a tucked shirt. However, I just blouse the shirt out a little and it is hard to even see the clips. I am happy with it.

I've tried both for my CCO-size 1911. Started with a C-TAC. Had some trouble with the metal on the front strap digging into my hip. Ordered an Infidel with the belt clip and the Ghurka strut. It was VERY stable, but I did not like the angle at all. The Infidel angle is about 15 degrees. I wore my C-TAC with a 23-24 degree angle. (Both measurements are according to ComTac.) Plus the beltclip (and the screws that hold it on) add considerably to the width of the holster. It may not look like much, but it printed much more than the C-TAC.

I sent back the Infidel. Since I still had the C-TAC, I kept it until my MaxCon V arrives. For some reason, I haven't had much trouble with the front strap digging in. With that problem gone, it makes a pretty good rig. It will be interesting to compare it to my MaxCon when it arrives. One thing (this won't apply for your Glock but might be of interest to someone with a 1911), I've found my safety off a couple times. Don't know if the 'grab' of a leather holster will be better at avoiding that.

I just posted on another thread about my CTAC. Went on a long trip last weekend and drove over 500 miles one way with my XD9 Service in CTAC on my side with no discomfort. While on the trip, no one in our family that we visited could tell I was carrying and no one even knows that I have my CCW. I cannot comment on the Infidel but I can say that I am very pleased with the CTAC for comfort, concealability, and ease of release of gun from holster. I had to play around with the adjustments to find the right "sweet spot" for me but have been very happy with it so far.

I have both the C-tac and the Infidel and I would suggest the C-tac for daily carry. The infidel does have more carry options but in my experience the C-tac is a more comfortable and stable carry platform.
    Pierce

"Fear is what keeps you alive but panic is what kills you" - Leo

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes, Ront, I noted the Infidel has a mounting position over the gun, which I found in more experience with other such designs, tends to add some thickness to the package,that has to be considered when trying to conceal it. Think I may go with the C-Tac.
    The first ComTac holster I bought was the Infidel. My first IWB. Since then that thing sits in the unused holster box, too thick (to ME) due to the mounting clip.

Since then only CTACs were ordered from Comtac.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Thanks for the info.

Iv'e been following this thread. I'm thinking of saving my pennies up for a CTAC. Although I can't see how they could be comfortable. (but then again I'm not all that smart) Would it be too much trouble to ask for pics?

Sponsored Links