E-Mail Status Inquiries

This is a discussion on E-Mail Status Inquiries within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always tell customers that e-mail is the best way to reach me, and I usually respond within 24 hours. Working around my on-duty schedule, ...

Thread: E-Mail Status Inquiries

E-Mail Status Inquiries

I always tell customers that e-mail is the best way to reach me, and I usually respond within 24 hours. Working around my on-duty schedule, I can e-mail folks at 3 AM if need be. Most don't appreciate a phone call at that hour.
    For some reason, I have recently been receiving an abundance of e-mails that simple state "Can you please give me an up-date on my order?" or something similar, but with absolutely no other information. No real name, order date, holster specs, or any other identifying info. How am I suppose to know who you are and what you ordered to give you a status up-date if you provide no identifying information? With hundreds of orders in the que, it is impossible for me to recognize a customer based solely on their e-mail address with nothing else to go on. To answer these e-mails, I have to page through my order book looking for a name that matchs the e-mail address on their order page. A time consuming process to say the least. I spent a few hours total off-and-on doing this the past week. Time that could have been spent actually working on orders.
    I currently have one of the I.T. guys at the station working on a computer program for me that will allow me to type in an e-mail address and cross-reference a customer's order info, or type in a holster style and pull up a list of all pending orders for that holster. But so far I do not have the luxury of such a system in place, so it's back to paging through the order book.
    So please, when e-mailing to inquire, include at least your name and approximate date of order.

Moderators, if you can make this a sticky that would probably be good.

Other makers, if you have similar problems, or a better system let me know.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

2. Remove Ads

I'll sticky it for ya for a few weeks till there is a chance everyone has seen it

Mark,

I'm glad to see you are busy! That's no surprise though based on my experience with your holsters.

Thanks again.

Take care bro.

Rich

Links