Defensive Carry banner

Whats best off the shelf

2K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  MNBurl 
#1 ·
With the high demand on custom holsters these days what do you guys feel is the best mass production maker, model, etc is. I would be really curios if they dare to hear what some of our custom makers think they would buy while waiting. I have always bought Don Hume open tops in the past to get me bye till the custom comes, then the Hume becomes the hiking, bush beating holster.

#8 ·
I've had good experience with Galco and Desantis
also, I like my Predator holsters but I don't know if they're still in business or not, the web site either changed or they quit having one :frown:

#9 ·
I am another that has used a Don Hume - to ''carry me over'' until the real thing arrives :wink:

Never had a Galco but the ones I have seen look nice, if spendy.

#12 ·
Comptac

#15 ·
I would suggest that you either call LA Sports/Lightning Arms - they have DelFatti, Alessi and Sparks holsters in stock, or Coal Creek Armory (They carry my stuff). Another source would be Brownell's - they also stock Sparks.
There are very few factory made concealment holsters that I'd trust my life to...

#23 ·
That's GOOD advise! I called Lightning Arms today looking for a VersaMax-II for my new SIG P-220 SAS and Craig hooked me right up! :hand10:

#19 ·
Off the shelf? Hmmmm Galco for leather and probably Blade Tech for Kydex. A lot of folks like Comp-Tac for Kydex but they don't make any IWB holsters for guns with rails. That rules my new Sig out.

#22 ·
Yes they do.
C-TAC/Infidel/Pro Udercover/Ghurka/Shirt Tucker/ and 2 o'clock all come in:
220 w/ rail
226 40/357 w/ rail
226 9mm w/ rail
229 40/357 w/ rail
229 9mm w/ rail

#24 ·
Why don't you post what your looking for in the For Sale section with a WTB with model of gun and what type of holster your looking for. We all have lots of holster in the "holster box" and some people might want to sell. Just a thought.

By the way, Highnoon has about 10 different holster for right handers they ship immediately. Hope that helps.:biggrin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.