Carry while Running?

This is a discussion on Carry while Running? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LBrombach Can't wait for Bark'n to chime in and tell us how he packs his 2 guns, 4 spare mags, surefire, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry while Running?

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Can't wait for Bark'n to chime in and tell us how he packs his 2 guns, 4 spare mags, surefire, and OC for his morning jog.

Barkn doesn't run....he walks with determination. You can bet if he recommends anything in here it is because he has researched and tried it first.

I don't believe there are too many that are as well read and educated on the subject of firearms as he is. I have known him for over 25 years and he is a genuine person who only shares what he has learned to help people. I have seen enough "know it alls" who don't know anything to KNOW he IS NOT ONE.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

If you see me running, please shoot what is chasing me. It will be very large, and have long, sharp teeth and claws. I obviously have run out of ammo.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be running.

Administrator
    I run with my P32 with the keltec clip on it. It works well, I just have to cinch up my shorts a little tighter than I would otherwise.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have tried running with a fanny pack but even when it is tight it seems to bounce up and down with my stride. I have tried a belly band, but if it is tight enough and you are running hard, you tend to restrict your breathing.

I wear a belt with an OWB holster under my t-shirt. This way no one can see how ridiculous it looks to be wearing a belt and holster with sweat pants.

I have used a G23 or G19 which does tend to slide forward while running. Usually a belt keeper will prevent that. Or you could just use a lighter gun.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Can't wait for Bark'n to chime in and tell us how he packs his 2 guns, 4 spare mags, surefire, and OC for his morning jog.
    Wow LBrombach... Not retarded here... When I did jog... I carried either a SP-101 in chest mounted belly band or a Walther PPK/s when I owned one of those. Don't jog anymore... Ride bike, with one XD9

Sometimes you just gotta use some common sense. If I'm in downtown St. Louis or Detroit to teach a class I ain't going out for morning jogs and I will carry 1 or 2 reloads for primary and BUG.

Apparently you've never read the circumstances of how or under what circumstances I carry anything.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Wow LBrombach... Not retarded here... When I did jog... I carried either a SP-101 in chest mounted belly band or a Walther PPK/s when I owned one of those. Don't jog anymore... Ride bike, with one XD9

Sometimes you just gotta use some common sense. If I'm in downtown St. Louis or Detroit to teach a class I ain't going out for morning jogs and I will carry 1 or 2 reloads for primary and BUG.

Apparently you've never read the circumstances of how or under what circumstances I carry anything.

Easy killer. I just meant get a giggle out of your "heavy day" gear that you've previously listed, and the funny image it makes of anyone running with all that stuff. Never thought that anyone (esp you) would think I was taking a jab, cause I wasn't. I'm cool with what you carry and when (no, I never thought for a moment that you would run with all that). I have read and agree with bunches of your posts, don't need to be told that you know what your talking about, I can tell for myself. Maybe I should have tagged my post with [harmless humor]...words...words...words...[/harmless humor]. We cool, bro?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I've checked on this as well on this site and others.....one thing I heard alot is a Smartcarry. I just got mine but haven't gotten out to run with it yet.

I use either the trail running belly pack/hydration belt from Amphipod (ran a 1/2 marathon with it and a S&W 640) or a Camelbak "Rogue" with a Sig 239/40 in the top pocket. I've also used a belly band for some 10 K's and never noticed any special discomfort with any of those methods.
    To clarify: I don't seriously anticipate any problems during a 1/2 marathon, but I'm real hesitant to leave a weapon in the vehicle while we're parked downtown.
    Check out Amphipod as the larger pack is real versitile.

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    I wish my knees had not worn out and I could still run. Oklahoma had no concealed carry back when I ran. As some have suggested, a pouch which carries a water bottle or such could conceal a smallish gun. So could a pouch in which your ipod or whatever to use to listen to music, if the pouch was a little oversized. WHen I ran I was confident I could outmanuver and outrun most trouble. Now that I can't, it is one reason I felt the need to carry. I prefer flight to fight. To quote Captain Jack Sparrow: "He who fights and runs away lives to run away another day:.
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

I am a runner in fact currently training for the Army 10 miller in DC this fall. I use the UnderCoverComfort Holster Tee because it does not sag. I just purchased anothet holster from them here is the link http://www.undercovercomfort.net/index.php?cPath=41 I purchased the EXP Waistband Holster from them. Let me tell you outstanding infact the entire team that iam running with carry, and we all wear the products from UnderCoverComfort

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links