4006 holster options

4006 holster options

This is a discussion on 4006 holster options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I said in my thread about needing the new belt, I have been reassigned and don't where the uniform anymore. All of the plain ...

Thread: 4006 holster options

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar

4006 holster options

As I said in my thread about needing the new belt, I have been reassigned and don't where the uniform anymore. All of the plain clothes assignments I had worked before were temporary and usually done wearing jeans and such. Now I'm wearing dress slacks everyday.

I have had quite the holster trek this week. The first couple of days I used my Uncle Mike's kydex paddle holster. It's grat with jeans anf my double thick 1.75" belt, but it doesn't work that good with slacks and 1.25" belt. Plus, it put a small scratch on my pretty new belt, and we just can't have that.

So, I tried a leather paddle holster (Bianchi I think) we had in inventory, but I didn't like it at all. It hung out away from the body and wasn't all that secure on the belt, and it didn't put the pistol where I wanted it.

I use my Uncle Mike's kydex IWB holster for a couple of days. It woorked okay, and it would do in a pinch, but it also is better with jeans than slacks.

Today I swapped the paddle holster in on a leather pancake holster made by Gould and Goodrich. It works okay, and I'll keep this one, but I am still considering getting a nice molded leather holster for my issued 4006.

Rafter S Gunleather, www.raftersgunleather.com , has a nice looking OWB at a good price, and it is probably my first choice.

I really like the looks of the Dillon Master, but they don't offer it for the 4006 in the catalog (anybody know who actually makes it?).

I'm open for suggestions. Others that I have looked at are the Alessi overt and the Desantis speed scabbard. There are also a few Hume holsters that I have inquired about at Gunnersalley.

Check Galco? They usually have a HUGE selection. Not cheap but on par with Alessi and DeSantis.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

You will do yourself a dis-service if you don't at least check out Milt Sparks holsters.

I currently have a Galco, a Milt Sparks, a Bianchi, and an Alessi (that I just received today).

The Galco is for a J-frame snubby, but the rest are for a 4" 1911. Keeping in mind that the Alessi is essentially untested, I would rank the Milt Sparks the clear winner (in my holster collection anyway) hands down. It is a Watch Six, an excellent holster.

The Bianchi that I have (Black Widow) is a disappointment.

The Alessi is the DOJ. I got it today and have worn it for the last few hours, but it's too early to tell how much I'll like it. It WILL be my IDPA holster, at least.

The Galco is nice, but costs as much as custom holsters.

Good luck.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sarhog; May 18th, 2005 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added photos
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Monty,

Thanks for the ebay link. I put a bid in on it.

sarhog,

I have looked at the Sparks stuff online, and it looks great. For some reason I was thinking that he only did 1911 stuff.

DC Founder
    For OWB:
    Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle OWB Holster

For IWB:
    Brommeland Max Con V

There are reviews for each of them here I posted a few weeks ago. You can't go wrong with either of these holsters.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Smile Try Sam Andrews HYBRID IPSC/SADDLE

Since Bumper put Sam Andrews on the table, I'll venture to say that his Hybrid IPSC/Saddle holster is DA BOMB! As my students would put it.
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Alessi is a great guy. I have one of his Ghost models that I used to use a lot for my G27. I've swapped emails with him a few times, and he offered to make a Ghost for my P95.

Andrews makes good stuff. A former officer with my department had one of his IWBs, and it seemed like a nice holster.

Sponsored Links