Kel Tec PF9

Kel Tec PF9

This is a discussion on Kel Tec PF9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody make holster for the PF9 yet? I just got back from drooling on the case looking at one....

Thread: Kel Tec PF9

Kel Tec PF9

Does anybody make holster for the PF9 yet? I just got back from drooling on the case looking at one.

Not many choices out there. I purchased a WRB inside the waistband, tuckable holster about three months ago. It's not much to look at - quilted nylon with a single spring clip. The gimmick of the holster is that the sping clip can accomodate a cell-phone case on the front (provided with the $18 price). The theory is that the cell phone covers the bulge of the gun. The sales guy at the gun show provided me with a case for my blackberry and and extra case for my back-up phone. The rub is that I don't carry on the front half of my waist - I like the right/back quarter - and this puts the cell phone in a very awkward position.
    Soooo, I like the holster since it's the only one I've found that fits the PF9 well and it conceals well, even with my shirt tucked in but I don't use the cell-phone case feature.
    You can reach WRB at 800-824-2899.

Happy trails.

jimbo2:

Nearly all of the holster makers - at least the custom-types - should be able to make a holster for you for the PF9.

Senior Moderator
    I ran into the same problem so I made one out of Kydex. It wasnt hard to do. If I can do it...anybody can.

This is made to fit into my cargo shorts or the back pocket of my 5.11 pants. It stabilizes the gun and camoflages the outline. It works well.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

i use an Uncle Mike's Sidekick size 3 for mine as a pocket carry
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I have a PF9 and many existing holsters fit it. The Don Hume J.I.T, the one they make for the P11 and the Uncle Mikes IWB or OWB size 12 will work. Just take the pistol with you and check the fit. The Don Hume holster for the 1911 Officers model will also work. Don Hume will have a PF9 specific holster in a few weeks. No I don't work for Don Hume, they are about an hour from me so I can visit them and get what I need. They also sell some nice gun belts.

Thanks Kevin, could I get that in a Cochise Defender or would that fall in the mini category.

If you're looking for something off the shelf, you might try holsters made for the Kahr PM9 or MK9. I just tried my PF-9 into two of my Kahr PM-9 holsters, a Bianchi 100 Professional (size 9A -- off the shelf) and the Little Feather Leather Works model (custom made) that I just received. The PF-9 fit nicely into both of these holsters. They are both open top (no thumb break), so that may make the fit somewhat different if you are looking for a thumb break holster.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
    Thanks Kevin, could I get that in a Cochise Defender or would that fall in the mini category.
    I am not sure about the Cochise Defender for the PF9, Kevin will have to answer that. But I just wanted to show you a holster that he made for my P3. It is a great little holster. Easy on and off and fits very well. This is the holster that he recommended, knowing that I wanted another style. I am glad that I listened because I really like it a lot. I just wore it all day today. You forget it is even there!! What ever you get from K&D will be awesome!!
    Here are some pictures for you.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

www.comp-tac.com They make one for the PF9 in the C.T.A.C. Model. Tucker Gun Leather also makes one for the PF9 - very simialr to Crossbreed, but more expensive in price. I know Crossbreed makes a Super Tuck for the Kel-Tec P11. I was debating if this would work for my PF9 since I have a Super Tuck for my Glock and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
    jimbo2:

We make the Cochise Defender for the PF9 size.

Comp-tac and Desantis make several holsters for the PF-9

HARDCORE

I ordered the Comp-Tac CTAC for my Kel-Tec PF9. I will post how it compares against my Crossbreed. Although the Crossbreed is for my Glock - so it will not be totally an apples to apples comparison - but close enough.

http://www.grandfatheroak.com./Stockdesigns.html
    Pocket Companion XL for the PF-9
    There’s an old and true, military motto, “Si vis pacem, para bellum” - “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

Links