Sig P239

This is a discussion on Sig P239 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New member, just got my CCW for PA. Picked up a SIG P239 and would like to get some suggestions for a good IWB holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P239

Sig P239

New member, just got my CCW for PA. Picked up a SIG P239 and would like to get some suggestions for a good IWB holster for it.

2. Remove Ads

I carry mine in a Milt Sparks VersaMax II. It is so comfortable that it is easy to forget that I'm carrying.

"Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

good holster for a p239

You're going to get a ton of good suggestions, but I'd say you should probably determine if you're going to go the kydex route, or the leather route. If you want kydex, you'll likely go with CTAC, Blade-Tech, Tucker, or a couple of other reputable dealers. If you want all leather, though, you have more choices, but it will cost you, and you'll likely be waiting for it. In my opinion, some things in life are on the list as "worth it", though, and good gun leather (holster AND belt) is on that list. For leather dealers I would start with K&D, Brommeland, Milt Sparks, or UBG (Ugly Bald Guy).

I have a Blade-Tech UCH (for my G19) and have recently ordered a Dakota Defender from K&D (hi ya, Kevin).

Please note that this is only meant to get you started. There are hundreds of dealers for both kydex and leather (and even some hybrids), but the ones I've mentioned all have good reputations and what they sell, to me, is worth the money and wait.

Good luck to you.

cw

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I carry mine in a Milt Sparks VersaMax II.
    +1 The VMII is a good rig.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I love my Comp-Tac CTAC, it's by far the most comfortable holster I've ever used.

I use a C-TAC for mine as well.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm probably going the leather route.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" Ė George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

My .02 Don Hume PCCH, if going for price value. Otherwise look at Mitch Rosen..I had an ARG That I really liked.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I agree with the others. i reccomend getting some Kydex from Comptac and then getting on a long wait list from Sparks or Rosen. Be careful because you may not even want to switch from using Comptac's Kydex. It's that good

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by orangehole View Post
    I agree with the others. i reccomend getting some Kydex from Comptac and then getting on a long wait list from Sparks or Rosen. Be careful because you may not even want to switch from using Comptac's Kydex. It's that good
    I agree, Comptac makes a good product with great turn around time, and I like the Milt Sparks VMII as well as a really good leather IWB.

VIP Member
    I have a SIG P239 that I have carried for over a year. Take a look at this thread for a review of my K&D Holsters Cochise Defender.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

You could always do what I did and "create" your own custom holster using an easily obtained Don Hume OT, some spare leather and a couple clips from Comp-Tac.

Here it is my original setup - C-clips and hogue grips

Here's what I use now - V-clips and the std grips since the rubber hogues were catching on my shirts

It works great tucked!
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

How do those Vclips work exactly? Is that velcro on them? Looks interesting. Is it pretty secure?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Leather

I picked up a used Fist IWB leather holster for 8 bucks at a gun show. Have to say I really like it when I carry the Sig. No idea what model it is, but it has a little leather strip to prevent it closing up so that you can reholster one handed. Has a single metal clip to hold it to the belt and it has no retention strap.

Very comfy I must say and absolutely silent drawing and holstering.

Maybe a little too late as you may have already decided and ordered your holster but my .02 worth of experience with an Alessi PCH made for the P239 has been great. Amazing quality work, nice guy to talk with and if you are in a hurry you can order it from Lightning Arms(good guy there also) for a slight premium( mine was $125) and get instant gratification. comfortable even in this Florida summer, excellent retention and the split belt loop can be used to capture a belt loop(loop between the two snaps) and prevent any holster travel though I haven't noticed that as an issue with this holster. One last suggestion for a new P239 owner- after shooting it a bit and you find it doesn't quite sit right in your hand I am impressed with the difference Nill grips made for me. Rock solid and steadier than the plastic stock and the Pachmayer/Hogue slip ons could do for me (btw, Nill does the grips for Sig on their SAS models IIRC). Of course, YMMV, good luck and good shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links