crossbreed or VM2

crossbreed or VM2

This is a discussion on crossbreed or VM2 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i'm looking for IWB for my xd45 compact. i have a galco owb concealable (good holster)...but really want a good IWB. can anyone tell me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

crossbreed or VM2

i'm looking for IWB for my xd45 compact. i have a galco owb concealable (good holster)...but really want a good IWB.

can anyone tell me if they have either or both of the above? i'd love your feedback on them.

i'm 6'5" 250lbs. can you tuck in a shirt with the VM2?

mcvolvo
    xd45 acp compact
    ccw
    NRA member

The VM2 is supposed to be tuckable with the kydex clips & has a loyal following.
    I have a crossbreed & for me the angle was not ideal, (they do make adjustable models).
    I just ordered a CTAC for my PT145. I like leather, but I'm hoping the adjustability will let me find a sweet spot.

I'd take the VMII hands down.

I've looked around a LOT for a holster to carry my new Sig P226R Blackwater that's that's affordable on a teacher's salary. I'm going with the CROSSBREED "Super Tuck" and I'm ordering it tomorrow. I love the idea of the leather backing with Kydex security and "J" Hooks for retention PLUS one layer cover. With alternate clips included I think $63 is very do-able.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VM2
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I have a VMII ordered for my 229, and one for my 239. Hopefully they will be here next month, so I can't comment on them. The wait is about 6 months, but I have not read any bad things about them. Not long ago I purchased a PM9, and I decided to try a Crossbreed SuperTuck for it. So far it is a very comfortable holster. I can wear it all day with no regrets. It is adjustable for cant, so you can try different combinations till you get what feels good.

VM2 is a great holster - I have the clips and I don't highly recommend it for tuckable. It will do it - but thats not what it does best

Crossbreed Super Tuck Delux here. If you don't like the Crossbreed after wearing it for two weeks - he will take it back - simple as that. That sold me on trying the Crossbreed. I have not tried the the VM2 - so I can't give you a apples to apples. But I am satisfied with mine - and yes - you can now adjust the Super Tuck Delux. jmo

Exclamation Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
    Not long ago I purchased a PM9, and I decided to try a Crossbreed SuperTuck for it. So far it is a very comfortable holster. I can wear it all day with no regrets. It is adjustable for cant, so you can try different combinations till you get what feels good.
    Muddflap, post #7.... Welcome to the forum!

Nice to hear something good about the Crossbreed. I've done my homework and this seems like the best solution for a big gun and hot weather.

I just wore my new Blackwater out to dinner this evening with a good friend of mine. He knew I was carrying, 'cause he's known me from the cradle (literally!) and he's a gun guy himself. Just not to the extent that I am. Anyway, I only have a Serpa holster for For the P226 right now, so I had to wear a vest. Getting into his car the gun snagged on the seat belt and almost snagged again when we sat at the table. The gun is low enough on the belt to have the holster about even with the bottom edge of the vest. I have to be very careful to not inadvertently "flash." It felt good on my hip, but it would be much better IWB.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Thumbs up Ms Vmii

MS VMII for me. Got 5 of 'em and only the first, 40XD-C, did I wait the 6 months.

The rest came from Lightening Arms & Top Gun.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

My vote is CTAC, but if I was to go with leather it would definitely be VM2, and if I wanted a hybrid I would choose Tucker over the Crossbreed.

I have a Crossbreed for my 1911 and love it. It may be ugly but is comfortable and once I got the cant set right I can were this rig with a loose t-shirt.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
    I have a Crossbreed for my 1911 and love it. It may be ugly but is comfortable and once I got the cant set right I can were this rig with a loose t-shirt.
    I'm really glad to hear it conceals a full size handgun comfortably because I'm going to be using it with a Sig P226 9mm hi-cap.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvolvo View Post
    i'm looking for IWB for my xd45 compact. i have a galco owb concealable (good holster)...but really want a good IWB.

can anyone tell me if they have either or both of the above? i'd love your feedback on them.

i'm 6'5" 250lbs. can you tuck in a shirt with the VM2?

I do not know anything about the VM2 but I can tell you I love my Super Tuck. I wear it and a G19 all day every day with jean shorts and a tank top. Never tried to tuck my shirt, but it looks like it would be easy. I am not the shirt-tucking-kind, LOL. I had a clip break once, called them and they sent me an upgrade kit for F-R-E-E. Hard to beat service like that.

Jim

Lightbulb Cross Breed

Quote Originally Posted by jimbolyard View Post
    I do not know anything about the VM2 but I can tell you I love my Super Tuck. I wear it and a G19 all day every day with jean shorts and a tank top. Never tried to tuck my shirt, but it looks like it would be easy. I am not the shirt-tucking-kind, LOL. I had a clip break once, called them and they sent me an upgrade kit for F-R-E-E. Hard to beat service like that.

Jim
    Supposedly, they have considerably beefed up the clips so that is no longer an issue. But I'll let you know as soon as I get mine for the Sig P226.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links