ClipDraw

This is a discussion on ClipDraw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently tried the universal ClipDraw on my Kahr 9 and was really surprised with it. With the amount of sitting and type of work ...

Thread: ClipDraw

ClipDraw

I recently tried the universal ClipDraw on my Kahr 9 and was really surprised with it. With the amount of sitting and type of work I do it actully made it disappear under a tee shirt.The tape they use to hold it on really works and hold its. I use a C&S Dunk It to soak my guns and it stayed put after soaking for a few hours in it. I know some prefer a covered trigger guard and a holster because I am one who like having some leather ther too. It was something new to me to try and it really worked out well for me. I think I would use this for summer carry right now since I am in tee shirts alot and mostly get in and out of a vehicle alot. Since concelment is a major concern with me and where I go. I also carry a 38 snub in an ankle holster but sometimes with jeans it is a rather snug fit and the pants leg ride up unless I get longer pants. Everytime I get out I am almost always fixing my pants leg. Just thought I would pass it along for anyone interested.

2. Remove Ads

Glad its working out for you! I saw the Clip Draw affixed to a compact 1911-style pistol, but it didn't suit me. If I have to leave my shirttail untucked, I find an IWB holster more comfortable. I'd be extremely leery of carrying a Condition One single-action without a good holster, anyway; the one I use has an indentation fitting the safety lever in the "locked" position, as well as covering the trigger. Using only a Clip Draw, I'd be constantly afraid the safety would be wiped to the "fire" position, exposed trigger . . . Even the grip safety wouldn't pacify me!

That's much less of a concern with a DAO design (such as your Kahr), of course. One idea I have, on occasion, used is the old Barami Hip Grip on my S&W M642. It allows the revolver to ride so low along my waistband as to be completely concealed by my paunch . . . er . . . loosely tucked shirt (yeah, loosely tucked, that's the ticket!). Not much for a fast draw, but deep concealment and fast draw often don't go well together.

I prefer pocket carry, but there's a trade-off there, too. Standing, with my hands casually in my pockets, it's extremely fast into action. From a seated position, forget it!

Life's full of compromises.

I used the ClipDraw on a Ruger P94 that I used to carry and it did ok. Now it's on a Bersa .380 and it works much better. I think the ClipDraw is best suited for use on the lighter guns, but on a tank like the Ruger you need a regular holster.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

I don't have a ClipDraw per se, but the belt clip that is available for Kel-Tec P32's and P3-AT's works the same way. I usually carry mine in a pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, but occasionally I want to carry the little K-T IWB. I was also a bit unsettled about not having the trigger covered, especially on a gun with no external safety. The solution was suggested by a poster on The Kel-Tec Owner's group.

Now I clip the gun, in the holster, to my belt. The holster is very low-profile and does not add significant bulk. And even though the holster itself is only held in place by pressure, the Nemesis' non-slip outer shell, the same thing that makes it such a great pocket holster, keeps it in place inside the waistband on every draw.
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle
    :coolsign:

Nice quote!
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

ClipDraw

I've been using one of the original design models to carry my Seecamp Detonics for nearly twenty years now. You're right - the gun virtually disappears. With a stainless gun it's especially well-suited to summertime carry.
    If you want to make God laugh - tell Him your plans. Yiddish proverb

Links