Just ordered a Crossbreed

This is a discussion on Just ordered a Crossbreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I plan on writing up my own review of Crossbreed's SuperTuck Deluxe once I receive it for my Sig P239. Here's my experience so far ...

Thread: Just ordered a Crossbreed

I plan on writing up my own review of Crossbreed's SuperTuck Deluxe once I receive it for my Sig P239. Here's my experience so far with the initial ordering process.

I called them up (I believe I spoke with Mark) and asked a few questions which he answered promptly before placing my order. He told me about the two week trial period and about the lifetime warranty in case anything breaks on the holster. Sounds good so far. I've been using Comp-tac v-clips on my current setup so I asked if they offer velcro clips as well. They do and will subsitute one of the other pairs of clips for those. I choose to sub the j-clips (I'd rather have my belt do the supporting). Once I finished placing my order he told me it should take 4 weeks for them to complete the holster. Yay, that's much better than most of the other custom shops.

I ended up calling back a little while later with an additional question which he answered to my satisfaction. Overall, I've very excited for my first official custom holster (this of course is not counting my Don Hume that I "custom" modded to be a tuckable IWB).

Look for a review in about 4 weeks!
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

VIP Member
    Hopefully he'll come through on the 4 weeks. Let us know.

I've had a Crossbreed Super Tuck for a few months, and it is, by far, my favorite holster. I had an issue with one of the screws that held the j-clip going awol; emailed their support and decided to upgrade to the new hardware for $12. So far, it has been working very well and I am very happy with the holster.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

I just ordered one for my XD 9mm SC and I can't wait to get it!!

I agree, he was great to deal with. I spoke to him briefly, asked a few questions got straight forward responses and he told me the same 4 week turnaround time! I ordered online and that went very smoothly as well. Everything went great, only now, after reading your post I'm thinking maybe I should have bought the j clips as well.

Oh well,

FMC

It is the most comfortable holster I've ever used. That being said, the upper edge of the kydex marred my stainless slide a bit so I'm a little pissed.

Looks like you are well equipped and supplied PackerfanXD. If your gun is stainless, should be able to polish off any marring from your kydex holster.

I'm thinking about adding a Crossbreed to my collection.

I ordered one today for my S&W M&P's. He said 4 weeks also.

Darin

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Looks like you are well equipped and supplied PackerfanXD. If your gun is stainless, should be able to polish off any marring from your kydex holster.

I'm thinking about adding a Crossbreed to my collection.
    Yeah, I hope it polishes out. I suppose I should get a buffer attachment for the old dremel and give it a shot.

Gotta love a holster you can wear all day comfortably, I know I do. As far as wearing a gun. I have a tank, errr G19, so I cannot comment on that part as it shows no sign of wear at all.

Jim

I just ordered a Crossbreed for my "new" P226R Blackwater 9mm. I'll do a write up as well. I ordered mine online late last night so I didn't talk to anybody. I did specify in the "comments" box I wanted mine mounted with the "J" Hooks fitted for a 1.5" belt. I can't wait. This is my first holster of this type. In the past I've either gone pure Kydex by Blade Tech or pure leather from either Sam Andrews (who I saw at the gun show last Saturday, btw) or Galco. I've got high expectations for this, I must say.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I ordered my Supertuck Deluxe on July 6th and got it yesterday, so that was cool! Unfortunately, since I'm at work I can't try it on and see how it fits. Based on all the reviews thus far, I'm sure it will be wonderful. I ordered mine with the full combat draw. I will post pics and a review later as well after I have some time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsin View Post
    I ordered my Supertuck Deluxe on July 6th and got it yesterday, so that was cool! Unfortunately, since I'm at work I can't try it on and see how it fits. Based on all the reviews thus far, I'm sure it will be wonderful. I ordered mine with the full combat draw. I will post pics and a review later as well after I have some time with it.
    I have found that at the 4 or 5 O'clock works best for me. I raised the clip up one hole on the right side to give a little more cant. I love it. Hope yours works out.

Sponsored Links