CompTac MTAC

This is a discussion on CompTac MTAC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interesting new holster from Comp-Tac similar to a Crossbreed. Comp-Tac MTAC This one should be pretty popular....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CompTac MTAC

CompTac MTAC

Interesting new holster from Comp-Tac similar to a Crossbreed.

Comp-Tac MTAC

This one should be pretty popular.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, I noticed that too! Although they do not offer it just yet to fit that many guns. But soon I guess. I just went with the CTAC - I would have rather had the MTAC as my Crossbreed is so comfortable. But neither made it for the PF9. Oh well.

I was considering the Ctac & the Crossbreed. Ctac looked better made, but the thought of that kydex against my body made me think hard. I was ready to order a Crossbreed, but seeing this new model,& that it would fit my Glocks, I decided I'd give a it a try. With a 30 day trial period& 2 to 3 weeks delivery time, I figured I could not go wrong.

Once it arrives, I'll do a review.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    The kydex on the skin has never been a problem for me. What bugs me about my CTAC is the clips digging into my leg edge-on. If they would fix that by offering slightly twisted clips, it would be perfect, IMO.

This looks like a good alternative for people who really want a leather backing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Once it arrives, I'll do a review.
    Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    What bugs me about my CTAC is the clips digging into my leg edge-on.
    Moleskin fixed that for me.

Very nice looking. I like my CTAC, but this looks very promising. I just might have to order this soon.

I got my order confirmation, was told should be ready in about 5 business days. Also learned I can switch out the holster body portion to swap with additional holster bodies to fit other guns, as they become available in the future. Cost will be $30. Now I'm liking this even more !!

VIP Member
    I'll be waiting anxiously for a review on this holster even tho they don't make it for my gun yet. Looks good to me.

I just ordered one myself. I also order a tek-lok single mag pouch. I will report when everything comes in.

I ordered one on Monday for my M&P40 and it shipped today, as soon as I get it I'll post up some pictures and a review. The best thing about this holster to me is that you can buy extra kydex bodies for $30. They don't have a hell of a lot right now but will very soon in the future.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Arrrg! I just ordered a Crossbreed. This The MTAC looks well made and the wait time is shorter too. I'll wait for the CB and give it a fair shake.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I had emailed them regarding something else, and mentioned that I would be interested in a Minotaur holster for my 1911 when it became available. When he wrote me back about the other issue, he said the first design they had for a 1911 could cause the safety to disengage during normal wear , so they are redesigning it. Could be around a month he said. I'm sure they'll be adding more models soon as well.

As a side note, while I don't particularly care for kydex holsters, Comp-Tac has some of the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Let me jump in and recommend "The Answer" holster from Tucker Gunleather. Although his purchase price is a bit more, he was probably the first to come up with this type of leather/kydex combination.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/answer.html
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Interesting...guess it was only a matter of time till Comp-tac got into the hybrid holster market. I have a Crossbreed on order and though the MTAC looks compelling, they don't have it available for a P239 yet. It also looks overly complicated compared to the simplicity of the CB. I do like the idea of having multiple "shells" that you can swap out for different guns. I will be curious to read user's reviews of this new design from Comp-tac.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

I just saw it on thier website this morning while looking at the new belts they are offering now. I'll be ordering a MTAC to go with the belts. I've had a CTAC for some time now and love it, but this new MTAC will have a place with my 'appearal & accesseries' considering the way I have to dress down here in "suthren' Georgia". Every once in awhile the kydex gets just uncomfortable enough to be a little buggy.

Edited: I just ordered the MTAC and a belt.....Can't wait for my smarties to get here!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links