Paddle holsters any good?

This is a discussion on Paddle holsters any good? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Colin Trying to detach my Serpa holster with the paddle from my clothing results in a quite undignified struggle. Let me state ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paddle holsters any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Trying to detach my Serpa holster with the paddle from my clothing results in a quite undignified struggle.
    Let me state that for OWB carry I love my Blackhawk CQC w/Serpa. It comes with both a paddle or belt attachments. As far as the cursing fit when removing the paddle - I just sawed the tab on the paddle off - a little sand paper to smooth out the minor edges left by the cutting - and good to go. You stll have the belt loop hooks for drawing and to keep the holster from being taken from your body. I am sure there are a lot of great quality OWB paddle holsters - but stay away from Fobus & the like.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Let me state that for OWB carry I love my Blackhawk CQC w/Serpa. It comes with both a paddle or belt attachments. As far as the cursing fit when removing the paddle - I just sawed the tab on the paddle off - a little sand paper to smooth out the minor edges left by the cutting - and good to go.
    Same here. now it stays put when I wear it, but I don't have to undress to remove the holster.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have the new FOBUS Evolution paddle holster for my G23 and its great!! Unlike the other one i tried it holds real tight to your body & has a tension adjustment, very nice. I do however almost always carry conceled with my GALCO Concelable leather belt style (also a great holster).............

I picked up a Fobus paddle holster, then promptly returned it, it stuck out off my hip printing badly. I then picked up a G code paddle holster which has been great, I use it daily. Pluses are the ease of on and off, it conceals well, it has a sweat guard and I can reposition it easliy when going from seated to standing.

I am thinking of getting a OWB belt holster though, the paddle type can get uncomfortable after a long while.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Let me state that for OWB carry I love my Blackhawk CQC w/Serpa. It comes with both a paddle or belt attachments. As far as the cursing fit when removing the paddle - I just sawed the tab on the paddle off - a little sand paper to smooth out the minor edges left by the cutting - and good to go. You stll have the belt loop hooks for drawing and to keep the holster from being taken from your body. I am sure there are a lot of great quality OWB paddle holsters - but stay away from Fobus & the like.
    Thanks I will do that to mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links