New "active" belly-band style UCcomfort holster?

This is a discussion on New "active" belly-band style UCcomfort holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just spotted this belly band style holster on UCComfort's web site. It says it was added yesterday, so I assume it is new. It's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "active" belly-band style UCcomfort holster?

New "active" belly-band style UCcomfort holster?

I just spotted this belly band style holster on UCComfort's web site. It says it was added yesterday, so I assume it is new. It's supposed to be good during activities like running. Anyone know anything about it? Their shirt holsters are good, so might be interesting.

-john

2. Remove Ads

Looks like it securely holds the gun, but it may not conceal very well, at least it would not on me, as it would sit across my stomach, which already has a bit of a bulge.

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it works out.

They are quite proud of their products! WOW, $130.00 and not a stich of leather on it.

I think I might try the UC tee shirt's tho, I need a good concelment option for the office.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    does look pricey. Might work o.k for biking, but running I think it would print too much for me.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

[disclaimer - I know nothing about this holster other than seeing the blurb and picture on their web site]

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    They are quite proud of their products! WOW, $130.00 and not a stich of leather on it.
    I think you have to consider the issue of supply and demand as well.

These are likely niche items and I can't imagine them selling a ton of them, but they still need to do the R&D and work to get them into production. Even then, they are probably low volume items, not lending themselves to low cost mfg.

Compare that to someone like K&D, who can literately sell than as fast as he can make them.

From my perspective, if it is well designed, constructed and does the job, it may well be worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Looks like it securely holds the gun, but it may not conceal very well, at least it would not on me, as it would sit across my stomach, which already has a bit of a bulge.
    Yah, I was thinking that this may not work well on those of us that lack an athletic build. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tk4878 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it works out.
    Tk, that sounds like you are going to do a report?

Thanks,

-john

I ordered the Holster and have used it,it works well I am trainning for the Army 10 Miller with a group and we all use it. Also if you have back problems it works great. Also use
    the UCCwrap for work not running it is as they say you carry the weapon cross draw and or regular draw, good for cancealment. Call them an dthey will work with you the company just made me a custom dress shirt with my monogram with cuff links sleeves and Ryley style collar. They shirt is the quick snap dress shirt I wear the UCC wrap under my arms and it works like a charm. The shirt is pricy about $65, but worth it. Just ordered 4 more different colors.

you can visit them at www.UnderCoverComfort.com

Quote Originally Posted by abeaux View Post
    I ordered the Holster and have used it,it works well I am trainning for the Army 10 Miller with a group and we all use it. Also if you have back problems it works great. Also use
    the UCCwrap for work not running it is as they say you carry the weapon cross draw and or regular draw, good for cancealment. Call them an dthey will work with you the company just made me a custom dress shirt with my monogram with cuff links sleeves and Ryley style collar. They shirt is the quick snap dress shirt I wear the UCC wrap under my arms and it works like a charm. The shirt is pricy about $65, but worth it. Just ordered 4 more different colors.

you can visit them at www.UnderCoverComfort.com
    I have seen a lot of post lately mentioning undercovercomfort. Do you work for them in some capacity? Advertising for them?

This looks perfect for executive-protection types who have to accompany protectees during walks/runs/biking. Fanny packs bounce around, and don't help carry all the necessary gear, especially the radio. This could be just what some people really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    What's leather got to do with anything? I can't imagine an application like this where leather would be an advantage. If the product lets someone work better or live their life better, by being armed when they otherwise wouldn't, I don't care if it's made with banana peels so long as it lasts over a year.

It's not the fixed cost of a product like this that matters anyhow, as bzdog points out. There's a lot more going on besides the cost of the raw materials.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I have seen a lot of post lately mentioning undercovercomfort. Do you work for them in some capacity? Advertising for them?
    I don't know about Abeaux, but after reading FedWifASig's comments on the UCComfort shirt holster, I tried one out. I was impressed. I think a lot of us after trying their products want to call attention to them so people know that these are innovative and well executed products.

FWIW, I did pick up their belly band product and while I think it is a good product, it finally dawned on me that those of us with a bit of a belly probably aren't good candidates for carry in that area! :-) As a result, I've so far avoided the impulse to order this new holster.

-john (who is no way affiliated with UCComfort other than a customer)

the price, the price!!!! there are many well made belly-band style out there for around $30 bucks more/less that will do the same job. belly-band style holsters are fine and most peoples have one in their holster collection.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Not sure which one you are talking about, Frank. The UC standard belly band is $40, and seems well made for the price. I have another one (somewhere) and the UC is much nicer. My guess is I paid as much for the other one.

That said, the one under discussion is a different beast, meant to keep everything put while being active.

-john

No folks I don't work for them like most thsis ia good site to discuss what works and what does not work so for me they have meet and or exceeded my expectation. I have had some dealy in getting some products when they are not in stock, but I am always pleased when th product arrived. That is why I am talking about them, thebig companies sometime don't care this is a small company and they care at least for me they have thus far. Again the products that they offer trully work and work very well. I was able to get a copy of the product video here it is http://uccomfort.net/user/UCcomfort.mov If you wear for concealment this is the shirt for you, trust me deep cover and I know the product work.

Uccomfort offers two style of belly style holsters http://www.undercovercomfort.net/pro...roducts_id=206

this holster is $130 and if you run you will enjoy this .

Then they have the UCCWrap which is about $40 this is a great holster

http://www.undercovercomfort.net/pro...roducts_id=204

they need to work on their "click to enlarge" conversions tho... i'd like some bigger pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links