REVIEW, Comp-tac Mtac holster.

This is a discussion on REVIEW, Comp-tac Mtac holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I ordered this holster from Comp-tac via their website on August 1, I had a few questions first & got a reply to my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, I ordered this holster from Comp-tac via their website on August 1, I had a few questions first & got a reply to my email within 30 minutes. They promptly sent an acknowledgment for my order, also sent notice when it cleared production and was being shipped. No waiting/wondering what was going on. My holster arrived today, August 6 !! So for customer service & prompt as promised delivery they score a 10. Best I've ever experienced to date from ANY holster maker.

Holster is flawless, very well made. I'd give them another 10. I tried it on just as it came from the package,making no fine adjustments to the belt clip position or the holster tension, even just wearing a standard dress belt. It sat comfortably behind my right hip at approx. 4 o'clock position, held my Glock 27 & also my Glock 19 very stable, holster mouth just above the belt line, slanting forward, tight to the body. Easy to draw & reholster, no printing wearing a standard button down & untucked shirt, not even a loose fitting one I might add. It fit nicely with my dress slacks or my jeans. No need to go up in waist size. Holster can be worn as a tuckable. But, I have not tried that option. It fits snugly on my leather gun belt and also on my Wilderness belt. It has their standard belt clips. Sitting or standing, it feels very comfortable and totally concealed. Told my deputy sheriff step son I had received my new holster, and when he asked to see it, I surprised him when I pulled back my shirt to reveal I had it securing my Glock on hip. He had no idea I was packing. So for comfort, concealment, secure fit and easy draw I also give it a 10. I'm VERY satisfied. This is a great holster. When it becomes available to fit other guns in my safe, I'll be buying more. My step son wants one for his off duty gun.

I don't think you can beat the price, service, and secure comfortable fit. Glad I found this holster. It is the most comfortable holster I've had for my Glocks, fits all four of them, G19,G23,G26 &G27 ( holster model is the 19/23/32 ). So until my Max Con arrives, this will now be my EDC holster.

Here are some photos.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster005.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster006.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster007.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster009.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster008.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster001.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster002.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...holster003.jpg
    Last edited by sass20485; August 6th, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Very cool. Ordered mine the first, and it arrived today. Gonna pick it up tomorrow morning. Quality, speed and price, what's not to like?
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Looks good! Thanks for the review.
    G19
    G26

VIP Member
    Looks very nice. May have to give that puppy a try once they make it for my XD. Great review.

Thanks for the review and pics. I was especially looking for this particular shot:
    Tell us what the draw is like. Does it still click in and click out?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyveear View Post
    Thanks for the review and pics. I was especially looking for this particular shot:

Tell us what the draw is like. Does it still click in and click out?
    My question exactly, you said it draws and reholsters easily, but how is the retention factor with only having 1/2 a holster so to speak, with the other half being an unfitted sheet of leather?

Can you holster the gun, and hold the holster upside down without the gun falling out?

Yes, it sorta clicks in and out, as there is an indent by the trigger guard. You can adjust the tension. If left mine as set from the factory. It is secure. The draw is smooth, only a light tug is required to free the gun.

Great review. I ordered mine Aug 1st also, but I did it after hours so it went through on the 2nd, I should get it tomorrow. I can not wait.

just got my CTAC as they do not yet produce one for the Kel-Tec PF9. This looks very similar to my Crossbreed for the Glock 27. I have to 2nd Comp-Tac's customer service and communications. Plus they even toss in some candy for good measure! What I like about the MTAC is interchangeable shells! Awesome!

Hah! Ordered mine last night-couldn't wait for the reviews. Figured I got 4 CTACs, this one is $5 less!

We shall see.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Got mine yesterday!

I got online to order one of comp-tac's belts and saw the MTAC......I ordered that too......four working days later they are in hand!

I've had a CTAC for some time and love it......but the HOT GA summers keep me from wanting to wear undershirts and sometimes the kydex gets uncomfortable. The MTAC made a whole heluva diffrence with the comfort factor! I did have to play around with the retention screws to get a better fit for my G23.....and I believe after a breaking-in period with the leather back the MTAC will "grow" to fit my G23 a little better ( I'm a little spoiled with the comforting "click" that retains my G23 in the CTAC).

Overall wearing the MTAC all afternoon under my tee shirt was VERY comfortable and paired with my brand new Comp-Tac gun belt the combo was wonderful! I'm by no means am I resigning my CTAC to the "drawer" with my other "lesser used" holsters.....but both of the C/M TAC's have thier place and will be used accordingly. The only real 'catch' was the leather back of the MTAC rode in behind my back pocket and made fishing my wallet out a little awkward. I'll get over that.

A quickie review of the new belt: it's my first real (off-duty) gun belt. What a diffrence! Both holsters were held higher and very secure. I did not have "play/fool" around with my holsters at all.....didn't need to hitch up my briches nearly as much.....and was/felt much more comfortable wearing this new belt. If you've never had/owned a real gun belt, ponie up and get one, it is very well worth it IMO.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Looks great sass20485!! Thanks for the review. I have a CTAC on the way to me, but someday may need to try one of these out. I like the looks of it much better than the Crossbreed. That thing has a lot of leather on it!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Now that I've had it 2 days, I like it even more. The gun will remain in the holster, when turned upside down. It has started to conform to my body a bit now too. Wore it last night out to dinner, just my untucked shirt concealing it. My anti-gun sister-in-law had no clue I'm wearing my gun. Same for when we returned home, had it on all evening and no one noticed. I hardly knew it was there too, very comfortable to wear.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I ordered mine on th 2nd, and it was shipped today. Thanks for the review, it makes me much more confident that I made a good decision in choosing the MTAC.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Hi guys... I sent an email to Comp-Tac today asking about a Mtac for my usp. I got a really quick answer to check their list on the site again, it had just been updated. I ordered asap. Guys if your waiting on a certain model to be available you might wanna check the site again or email them.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links