Don Hume Holsters?

This is a discussion on Don Hume Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered this holster: From the Don Hume site. Ive had this holster for a long time and its really a great holster for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Don Hume Holsters?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568

    Question Don Hume Holsters?

    I just ordered this holster:

    From the Don Hume site. Ive had this holster for a long time and its really a great holster for Open Carry.
    Problem is, I left my last one at a friends house in Baltimore, and Im not driving 4 hours to go back and get it.

    So, has anyone ever ordered from that site before? How long does it take to get your package?
    I always just bought the holster from a store in Newark DE. But this time I had to order it.

    Thanks!
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    198
    Call them and ask. The times vary depending on availability. I called about my order and they told me 3-5 weeks and I got it at just over 3 weeks.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

  4. #3
    Member Array devilmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    138
    I ordered the same holster on Friday from http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/JIT , it was a few bucks cheaper and shipping was a little less.

    They did not have it in stock, they called Hume, they had it in stock and shipped it the same day to Gunners Alley. They said they will turn around and ship it to me. I should have it by the end of the week.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

    University of Science Music and Culture


    SEMPER FI!

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by devilmutt View Post
    I ordered the same holster on Friday from http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/JIT , it was a few bucks cheaper and shipping was a little less.

    They did not have it in stock, they called Hume, they had it in stock and shipped it the same day to Gunners Alley. They said they will turn around and ship it to me. I should have it by the end of the week.
    Okay, great!
    What gun did you get that holster for? Have you had this one before? if not your going to really enjoy it! Its a great holster for a little more than $20.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

  6. #5
    Member Array devilmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Okay, great!
    What gun did you get that holster for? Have you had this one before? if not your going to really enjoy it! Its a great holster for a little more than $20.
    I got it for the 24/7 Pro Compact as a temp holster, but I've been told that I probably won't want to replace it. The few people that I've spoke with say they really like it.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

    University of Science Music and Culture


    SEMPER FI!

  7. #6
    Member Array Erich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Posts
    367
    +1 for Gunner's Alley and DH in general. I've got a lot of their leather for a number of my guns.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

  8. #7
    Ex Member Array something's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    342
    I was given the same holster two days ago for free. I have a probelm though. I posted it in 'holsters'. The problem might be my belt but I can't keep the holster and gun upright and close to my body. It leans away from my body A LOT and it bothers me and prints really badly when I have it under a loose shirt.

    seems like nice leather, especially for it's price

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    I was given the same holster two days ago for free. I have a probelm though. I posted it in 'holsters'. The problem might be my belt but I can't keep the holster and gun upright and close to my body. It leans away from my body A LOT and it bothers me and prints really badly when I have it under a loose shirt.

    seems like nice leather, especially for it's price
    2 Things.

    Either the holster is worn. (Hey its leather, and it can wear out too!)
    Look for mis colored creases all over the place. Sorta like fine cracks in the leather. That will tell you its worn depending on how much of the surface is worn.

    Or, you may want to try putting one belt loop in between both belt loop tabs.

    Let me know what you figure out.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

  10. #9
    Ex Member Array something's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    2 Things.

    Either the holster is worn. (Hey its leather, and it can wear out too!)
    Look for mis colored creases all over the place. Sorta like fine cracks in the leather. That will tell you its worn depending on how much of the surface is worn.

    Or, you may want to try putting one belt loop in between both belt loop tabs.

    Let me know what you figure out.
    It was brand new in the package.

    I'll try the belot loop thing.
    thanks

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array Pitmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Problem is, I left my last one at a friends house in Baltimore, and Im not driving 4 hours to go back and get it.

    Thanks!
    Can't he just send it to you?
    Pitmaster

    HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

  12. #11
    Member Array Cusmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    21
    I got one of these for from GA for my GP100 as well. No complaints so far. I was thinking of getting one for my 1911 but I am not sure it will ride high enough to keep the barrel from showing from under an untucked t-shirt. Comments?
    Last edited by Cusmar; August 8th, 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Use enough gun." - Robert Ruark

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    Can't he just send it to you?
    He just got sent overseas for work.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusmar View Post
    I got one of these for from GA for my GP100 as well. No complaints so far. I was thinking of getting one for my 1911 but I am not sure it will ride high enough to keep the barrel from showing from under an untucked t-shirt. Comments?
    All depends on what size t shirts you wear.
    I usually have mine sit right around the hop bone. And the barrel shows. But I only wear this holster for open carry, thats what its made for anyhow.
    No matter how big you shirt is, the gun will print with this holster.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

  15. #14
    Member Array rmeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    222
    I just ordered a DH H721 for my Ruger Speed Six from Gunner's Alley,their prices and shipping are cheaper and quicker than the factory.

  16. #15
    Member Array cherokeetad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    33
    I live about an hour from the factory in Miami, OK. I went up a couple weeks ago and bought several holsters and two belts. Very nice people and they went out of their way to help me. I had a couple of odd ball brand/model pistols with me and the lady took them back to find a holster that fit them. She even gave me a 25-30% discount off list prices for some unknown reason. The owner was especially interested in my Kel Tec PF9 as they were gearing up to make holsters for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM
  2. Dun Hume Holsters
    By kane4111 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
  3. Don Hume Holsters for Ruger P95
    By Striker543 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 17th, 2010, 01:25 PM
  4. Don Hume holsters
    By jahwarrior72 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Search tags for this page

dh h721 o.t.
,
don hume 721 number 6
,
don hume holster no. 6
,
don hume leather holster cracking
,
don hume ordering
,
don hume takes so long
,
dun hume holster
,
how long do don hume holsters last
,

how long does don hume take to ship

,

how long does it take for a don hume holster

,
where to buy holster near newark de
,
why does don hume take so long to ship
Click on a term to search for related topics.