Don Hume Holsters?

This is a discussion on Don Hume Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered this holster: From the Don Hume site. Ive had this holster for a long time and its really a great holster for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Hume Holsters?

Question Don Hume Holsters?

I just ordered this holster:

From the Don Hume site. Ive had this holster for a long time and its really a great holster for Open Carry.
    Problem is, I left my last one at a friends house in Baltimore, and Im not driving 4 hours to go back and get it.

So, has anyone ever ordered from that site before? How long does it take to get your package?
    I always just bought the holster from a store in Newark DE. But this time I had to order it.

Thanks!
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

2. Remove Ads

Call them and ask. The times vary depending on availability. I called about my order and they told me 3-5 weeks and I got it at just over 3 weeks.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

I ordered the same holster on Friday from http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/JIT , it was a few bucks cheaper and shipping was a little less.

They did not have it in stock, they called Hume, they had it in stock and shipped it the same day to Gunners Alley. They said they will turn around and ship it to me. I should have it by the end of the week.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

Quote Originally Posted by devilmutt View Post
    I ordered the same holster on Friday from http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/JIT , it was a few bucks cheaper and shipping was a little less.

They did not have it in stock, they called Hume, they had it in stock and shipped it the same day to Gunners Alley. They said they will turn around and ship it to me. I should have it by the end of the week.
    Okay, great!
    What gun did you get that holster for? Have you had this one before? if not your going to really enjoy it! Its a great holster for a little more than $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Okay, great!
    What gun did you get that holster for? Have you had this one before? if not your going to really enjoy it! Its a great holster for a little more than $20.
    I got it for the 24/7 Pro Compact as a temp holster, but I've been told that I probably won't want to replace it. The few people that I've spoke with say they really like it.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    +1 for Gunner's Alley and DH in general. I've got a lot of their leather for a number of my guns.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

I was given the same holster two days ago for free. I have a probelm though. I posted it in 'holsters'. The problem might be my belt but I can't keep the holster and gun upright and close to my body. It leans away from my body A LOT and it bothers me and prints really badly when I have it under a loose shirt.

seems like nice leather, especially for it's price

Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    I was given the same holster two days ago for free. I have a probelm though. I posted it in 'holsters'. The problem might be my belt but I can't keep the holster and gun upright and close to my body. It leans away from my body A LOT and it bothers me and prints really badly when I have it under a loose shirt.

seems like nice leather, especially for it's price
    2 Things.

Either the holster is worn. (Hey its leather, and it can wear out too!)
    Look for mis colored creases all over the place. Sorta like fine cracks in the leather. That will tell you its worn depending on how much of the surface is worn.

Or, you may want to try putting one belt loop in between both belt loop tabs.

Let me know what you figure out.

2 Things.

Either the holster is worn. (Hey its leather, and it can wear out too!)
    Look for mis colored creases all over the place. Sorta like fine cracks in the leather. That will tell you its worn depending on how much of the surface is worn.

Or, you may want to try putting one belt loop in between both belt loop tabs.

Let me know what you figure out.
    It was brand new in the package.

I'll try the belot loop thing.
    thanks

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Problem is, I left my last one at a friends house in Baltimore, and Im not driving 4 hours to go back and get it.

Thanks!
    Can't he just send it to you?
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

I got one of these for from GA for my GP100 as well. No complaints so far. I was thinking of getting one for my 1911 but I am not sure it will ride high enough to keep the barrel from showing from under an untucked t-shirt. Comments?
    Last edited by Cusmar; August 8th, 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Use enough gun." - Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    Can't he just send it to you?
    He just got sent overseas for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cusmar View Post
    I got one of these for from GA for my GP100 as well. No complaints so far. I was thinking of getting one for my 1911 but I am not sure it will ride high enough to keep the barrel from showing from under an untucked t-shirt. Comments?
    All depends on what size t shirts you wear.
    I usually have mine sit right around the hop bone. And the barrel shows. But I only wear this holster for open carry, thats what its made for anyhow.
    No matter how big you shirt is, the gun will print with this holster.

I just ordered a DH H721 for my Ruger Speed Six from Gunner's Alley,their prices and shipping are cheaper and quicker than the factory.

I live about an hour from the factory in Miami, OK. I went up a couple weeks ago and bought several holsters and two belts. Very nice people and they went out of their way to help me. I had a couple of odd ball brand/model pistols with me and the lady took them back to find a holster that fit them. She even gave me a 25-30% discount off list prices for some unknown reason. The owner was especially interested in my Kel Tec PF9 as they were gearing up to make holsters for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links