I recieved my MTAC today!

This is a discussion on I recieved my MTAC today! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered my MTAC holster with J clips last Thursday, and it came in the mail today. First off I'd like to say that Comp-Tac ...

Thread: I recieved my MTAC today!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I ordered my MTAC holster with J clips last Thursday, and it came in the mail today. First off I'd like to say that Comp-Tac has very fast shipping.

Ok, onto the review...

The MTAC holster IMO is a well constructed holster, and it did take me a few tries to get my G19 into it, but after a few minor adjustments to the retention, I got it where I wanted it. I find it to be quite comfortable. The thing I don't like about the J clips is they don't always stay on the bottom edge of the belt like they're supposed to. I should have ordered the standard clips, but that's the next thing I'm going to do. My gun still prints a little bit towards the bottom of the grip, but not as much as it did with my Blackhawk Serpa. I tried tucking in my shirt, and experienced some difficulty, but once I got it, you couldn't tell I had a gun on me, unless you knew what to look for, which most people don't even pay attention. Anyway, overall I'm glad I bought one, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a tuckable IWB holster.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

From the looks of it, the MTAC has a slight forward cant even with the front and back clips attached using the same holes. Is that right?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    That is correct. Even with the slight cant, the draw still seems natural for me.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Sponsored Links