Comp-Tac MTAC and Mag Pouch Review

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac MTAC and Mag Pouch Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well let me start off by saying I have found my new favorite holster. I do not have a lot of experience with holsters or ...

Well let me start off by saying I have found my new favorite holster. I do not have a lot of experience with holsters or carrying. I do not have my permit yet, but I have been wearing my M&P9 around the house. I have been using a CTAC and it is a great holster and the flexability is top notch, but the top of the holster always dug into my side and I could not see wearing it all day. I decided to try the MTAC.

I got the MTAC in the mail today and was not able to try it until I come home. When I got home I put on the holster and immediately I could tell it was much more comfortable then the CTAC. The leather backing forms to my side rather than digging into it. The pistol slides in easy, but stays put. I turned the holster upside down and the pistol stayed in there. There is a tension screw that can be tightened, but I did not think it needed it. The one thing that I did like about the CTAC is that the pistol would make a click sound that you could hear and see. I could always tell when the pistol was seated, with the MTAC, I am finding myself pushing and pushing the pistol in until my pants start to fall off. I figure I will get over this eventually, because I know the gun is secure. After I got the holster in the position on the belt and the body that I wanted, I tried several shirts on to test the printing. I wear a lot of t-shirts, so my ultimate goal was to be able to hide my fullsize under t-shirts. This holster hides under most of my t-shirts very well.

I also bought a Comp-Tac single magazine holder with Tec-Loc. It is a very nice sturdy holster. I went with this one over the regular holder because I was looking for a horizontal holster that I could wear on the small of my back. This holder is to think in profile for that, but it did wear well at 9:00, but printed a little bit. I my return it for a regular holder that is lower profile for 9:00 and try a different horizontal holder from someone else.

Overall I am very satisfied with both products and will update this thread as time goes on.

Here are some pictures:

Nice review and pics.

SY

From the pics it looks like they were just a bit stingy on the leather backing. Does that part of the gun that is not covered dig into your skin? Other than that - it looks very nice.

The leather covers the slide. The only part not covered is the grip. This setup digs in less than my CTAC. In no way is this holster stingy.

Links