Defensive Carry banner

Comp-Tac MTAC and Mag Pouch Review

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  utarch00 
#1 ·
Well let me start off by saying I have found my new favorite holster. I do not have a lot of experience with holsters or carrying. I do not have my permit yet, but I have been wearing my M&P9 around the house. I have been using a CTAC and it is a great holster and the flexability is top notch, but the top of the holster always dug into my side and I could not see wearing it all day. I decided to try the MTAC.

I got the MTAC in the mail today and was not able to try it until I come home. When I got home I put on the holster and immediately I could tell it was much more comfortable then the CTAC. The leather backing forms to my side rather than digging into it. The pistol slides in easy, but stays put. I turned the holster upside down and the pistol stayed in there. There is a tension screw that can be tightened, but I did not think it needed it. The one thing that I did like about the CTAC is that the pistol would make a click sound that you could hear and see. I could always tell when the pistol was seated, with the MTAC, I am finding myself pushing and pushing the pistol in until my pants start to fall off. I figure I will get over this eventually, because I know the gun is secure. After I got the holster in the position on the belt and the body that I wanted, I tried several shirts on to test the printing. I wear a lot of t-shirts, so my ultimate goal was to be able to hide my fullsize under t-shirts. This holster hides under most of my t-shirts very well.

I also bought a Comp-Tac single magazine holder with Tec-Loc. It is a very nice sturdy holster. I went with this one over the regular holder because I was looking for a horizontal holster that I could wear on the small of my back. This holder is to think in profile for that, but it did wear well at 9:00, but printed a little bit. I my return it for a regular holder that is lower profile for 9:00 and try a different horizontal holder from someone else.

Overall I am very satisfied with both products and will update this thread as time goes on.

Here are some pictures:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.