"Tuckable" IWB holsters for 1911

This is a discussion on "Tuckable" IWB holsters for 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on a good IWB holster for a kimber warrior that will also allow me to tuck in a shirt. Two that ...

Thread: "Tuckable" IWB holsters for 1911

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on a good IWB holster for a kimber warrior that will also allow me to tuck in a shirt.

Two that I'm considering are "the answer" and the comp-tac infidel with the shirt tucker clip, but I'm open to any suggestions.
    I do work outside 70% of the time, and I do get in and out of a vehicle frequently.
    I appreciate your input.

well with Comp-Tac check out their new MTac holster. Its the same as the Tucker Answer and I was told for $30 you can buy the kydex part for any other guns you want as well.

So buy 1 full setup for 1911. Spend $30 here and there for all the other carry guns you buy to carry them as well.

I have both the Comp Tac and Tucker Answer - not for my Warrior, but for a Commander size 1911. I have always felt that carrying IWB was like sticking a big lump in my pants and was never comfortable until the Tucker Answer. I have worn it for three days straight now, and it just keeps getting better. I have a Comp Tac paddle for my Warrior, as well as a Milt Sparks 60TK, and a Wilson Tactical Assualt. The Warrior is just a tad bit too much for me to want to carry CCW - both size and weight - YMMV I can highly recommend the Tucker Answer - it's the best IWB I have tried (previous IWB's tried: Milt Sparks VMII, Watch Six, Comp Tac, Fist, Galco, De Santis, et. al.)

Mike

galco makes a good one. i think it is the udc,. i have one for the glock 27 and it works well and it is also made well. i use it as a tuckable and as a inside the pants holster when the shirt tale is out. now it works best when you go up one size in your paints.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

+1 on the MTAC, great holster, I find it VERY comfortable for IWB, It can be tucked, but that style of carry just hasn't worked for me.

I can definitely recommend Tucker's Answer. It's my every day carry choice for my Kimber Ultra CDP II. If you're going to carry a Warrior IWB, then you want all the stability and support you can get. The Answer excels here. I rarely carry in "tucked" mode, but it's nice to have the option in case you need it. I had tried a Galco Ultra Deep Cover, but the single clip just allowed it to move around too much.

The Warrior is a great handgun. I have a Desert Warrior, and when I carry it, I use a Tucker HF1 OWB. For the larger, heaver weapon, I find that OWB is more comfortable, while still being concealable with the right cover garment. You, of course, don't have the tuckable option, though.

Tucker's excellent customer service and money-back guarantee make it a no-risk proposition to order one. Rob Longenecker is a great guy to do business with.

Here's my Tucker lineup:
    Ultra CDP II in the Answer, with tuckable IWB single mag pouch.

The OWB combo. Desert Warrior and Ultra CDP II with HF1s and matching double mag pouch and gun belt, all from Tucker Gunleather.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Thanks for all the replies, Given that there is a 15-16 week wait for the Tucker Answer I think I'm going to order an MTac and an Answer. The MTac should hold me over until the Answer comes in then I can order a diffferent module for the MTac for one of my other carry guns.

Great site. Thanks for the input.

Also if considering those - consider Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe!

I can give a hearty 2nd (or is it 3rd or 4th) for tucker - though I use the Texas Heritage to carry a commander sized 1911 (Dan Wesson CBOB). I have carried tucked several times with narry an issue.

http://kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html

Dakota Defender for a 5"1911. LOVE IT!!!

Well the MTac was a no go, they didn't have a mold for the warrior yet so I just ordered a K&D Dakota Defender, should be here in 12-14 weeks.
    Thanks for the input.

Sponsored Links