Fist Basic holster review

This is a discussion on Fist Basic holster review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] I know alot of you in forum land feel a 642 is designed to be a pocket gun , but to me ...

Thread: Fist Basic holster review

VIP Member

Fist Basic holster review

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I know alot of you in forum land feel a 642 is designed to be a pocket gun , but to me , this is the most comfortable and easiest access way to carry one. I did'nt know how much I'd use an OWB for my 642, but I've had it for a couple days now and I love it. It's the easiest way to draw for me. I use my 642 pocket carry at work, but with the small grip, it's hard to fast draw with it. When I reach in the pocket quickly it's hard to get a good solid grip on the gun before it comes out of the pocket.
    Carrying IWB it;s so snug against my body, it's sometimes harder to grip it fast too, though its minor. OWB, its just a hair away from my body so I get a good solid grip on the gun when drawing.
    On the Fist website it says "allow 3-5 weeks delivery" . Both holsters I've ordered from them took 7 weeks almost to the day. I'm very happy with both holsters. This is the "Basic". It needed no overnight plastic wrap or wax paper, it was a perfect fit right out of the box. It fits snug against the body and is very comfy. Very satisfied.

2. Remove Ads

Wow that looks great! I really like FIST's holsters. I think they offer the best bang for your buck for a hand boned leather holster with such quick turn around time. I own 3 of those same basic model holsters but they are made in Kydex. Real slick.

I agree with you regarding pocket carry. Anything but my Seecamp does not work in my pocket no matter what holster I use. The J frames work better IWB or OWB for me as well.

Thanks for the great review! After seeing your holster, i think I will place an order with FIST.

That holster does look sharp. Didn't know Fist made such nice looking holsters. Looks like is functions perfectly for you. Seven weeks ain't bad considering the wait times for many other custom holsters. Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by orangehole View Post
    Wow that looks great! I really like FIST's holsters. I think they offer the best bang for your buck for a hand boned leather holster with such quick turn around time.
    I've got two, myself, and am considering a third. Great value and good, built-to-last construction. Nothing fancy, on their basic models, but they build a better $60 holster than many turn out for $100 or more, ignoring the "baubles" and aesthetic add-ons.

Good stuff.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

good looking holster. i like the way it rides.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Have a FIST holster too. IWB, think it is a #6. Picked it up used at a gunshow for 8 bucks. You just cant beat that for value. Very nice, very comfortable.

robere, very nice owb.

I have the Fist k-8 ultrathin kydex holster IWB for my 642. It's tuckable and the cant is adjustable. I wear it right front (appendix carry) and hardly know its there. Took about 4 weeks to get it after I ordered it.
    livin in the woods...feelin mighty good

VIP Member
    I agree on the best bang for your buck. I've got another ordered for my XD. Nothing fancy, but it does look nice, it's well made, and fits like a glove inside and out.

Links