Defensive Carry banner

My Maxcon made quite an impression on IDPA folks

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SOLOLUCKY 
#1 ·
I had an IDPA match today. Did real well :image035:and of course had a lot of fun. What surprised me most was the reception that I got from several of the "veterans" of the club to my Brommeland Maxcon IWB holster. I feel like a "pup" at 42 and only my 2nd season shooting to these guys. It really made me feel good that they thought I had good equipment
I sold my CTAC a month ago to go strictly with "practicing" (IDPA matches) with what i carry daily. These guys were quite taken by how it rode and looked. "I saw you wearing that last month and meant to ask you..." "It looks comfortable" "Its not too thick...is it reinforced?" "Any problems with reholstering?" All the questions were answered with resounding positive responses. To be honest it is more comfortable than the OWB I wear occassionally (and occassionally is really "rarely" nowadays).
This holster is about 1 year old now and is as good as or better than the day i got it.
Thanks Gary & Remy for making a quality product!:congrats:

On a side note: I made a "hollywood ninja shot" around a "no shoot" target today. I hit the "bad-guy" with 2 to the head from about 10+ yards with a pattern of less than 1":blink: at speed. I was very pleased with my performance. I wouldn't have thought I coulda made that shot, with that pattern standing still and actually aiming much less at IDPA speed.
It feels good to know that, God forbid, I ever had to use my gun I stand a good chance of hitting what I am aiming at.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yea, it is no secret that the Max-Con V is without a doubt one of, if not the best IWB holsters there is. obviously I can't say the best because everyone has there opinion about it but for me it is the best there is, hands down, no question, with out a doubt the best IWB holster made!:biggrin2:

The only problem I have with it is the wait. :hand1:

Ti

#3 ·
Solo: does your micro have the light rail???? mine does thats why I'm inquiring cause I would like to order a holster for it, I'm currently carrying it in a Hume 715M That was for a XD but I had the shoemaker maodify it slightly and it works OK but not what I want for everyday carry.

#4 ·
No light rails on any of my guns Frosty.
In fact the Maxcon is for my fullsize 1911's.
I do not carry my micro due to reliability issues.
It never panned out to be 'worthy'....so its a safe queen that I would like to sell off.

But the Maxcon looks so good with the Kimber Raptor II or the Springer stainless in it. Those are my 2 carry pieces.

Wanna buy a Micro? lol

#5 ·
Sorry your Micro is unreliable mine has been perfect thru 1500 + rds now and I couldnt be happier with it but finding a holster for a 3" with a rail is hard, I guess I'm gonna have to contact Gary abd see if he will make one and just wait it out. I like my Raptors and the Colt's but I'm getting old and the extra weight is dragging me down for all day carry. My wife bought me the complete Raptor series for our 25th Anniversary and while I shoot them I have been thinking that I should put them away to pass down to one of my boys or maybe grandchildren someday.

#6 ·
wow!! the complete series! what a good wife! and 25 years...congrats to both of you.
Yeah the light rails do make it tougher to get gunleather, thats probably I have avoided them.
I wish mine could have been 100% reliable as i shoot it wekk it just has a lot of FTF's & FTE's. I sent it back to Springfield but no real change. I should probably keep sending it back until they just send me a new gun!

I really like the patina my Raptor is getting from daily use. Some people want them in pristine condition...not me. I want it to be worn and look like it has seen use. I am not much into guns as an investment. I saw a pic once of a texas rangers 1911 from 30+ years of service... it was beautifully worn..great shape just "weathered" a bit....

Good luck with your holster search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.