Defensive Carry banner

Gary in hospital

12K views 137 replies 108 participants last post by  f8lranger4x4 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is Remy, Gary's wife. I just wanted to let you all know that Gary was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. He has a DVT (blood clot) and stress induced hypertension and high blood sugar. We knew his blood pressure was too high, but I didn't realize that stress could also cause elevated blood sugar. And apparently standing at the bench for 12 or more hours at a stretch, 5-6 days a week isn't good for you - who knew!

We started our adventure at the hospital nearest our home, but after poking, prodding and drawing enough blood to take a bath, they transfered him to a larger hospital where they continued where they had left off. It has been a lovely day...

They pumped him full of some new and improved wonder drugs, but we won't know how long they are keeping him hostage until after a battery of tests and ultrasounds tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much, Remy

#107 ·
Remy I will wait for mine as scheduled. No worries on mine.

#108 ·
Well let me be the first to say,,,, no, someone beat me to it, Well ok then let me say,,,, nope same thing.

Well darn, everyone took all the good sayings. *Grin*

I'm glad that you are home Gary. Now GET WELL!!!

Just take it easy and rest up. I think that having you here to talk to is better than you worrying about getting caught up with work.

#109 ·
Wow... I am glad Gary is home... Remy.. You and the kids keep the pressure on to make him mend and take care of all his health issues.

He was very lucky he gets a chance to even address his health. I just hate to think how things could have turned out.

He is in my prayers, and so are you and the kids!

Pop online whenever you need some support from us! We'll be sure and set him straight!

Work is secondary at this point until he gets follow-up reports from his doctor!

Take care!

Thoughts and prayers are with you!

#110 ·
Remy / Gary said:
Guilt. Guilt and tears. And our two daughters. He is SO "pinky wrapped"!
It's good to be loved. Keep on his ass. Nothing beats family, for good reasons to live. Holsters come second.

#112 ·
WOW, I feel bad. I have not been on the boards in a while as this is a busy time of year for me. Anyway I was getting an itch for some new leather and I was just checking in to see if Gary was getting caught up on his holsters and saw this post.

So sorry for your troubles and I am happy to see things are going in the right direction. I can only say what has been said so many times before. Good luck and best wishes, our prayers will be with you both.

#116 ·
I am now up and around on a very limited basis. I am pleased to report that it looks like I'm gonna live. I really danced with the Reaper this time, and it coulda gone either way.

My sincerest thanks to all for their prayers. I'm a big believer in them, and I'm sure that they made all the difference. THANK YOU!

I gotta go hobble off to bed again. I'll check in when I can. Thanks again for all of your support!

#115 ·
Wow, this is late. I just back from vacation (Having looked over the forum, yesterday).

Prayers are sent to you & your families way for a speedy recovery. It'll be hard, but take it easy as you build your strength back up. Oh yeah, enjoy your new diet, I am sure.

#117 ·
Hey! Report from the dude himself!

Good to hear from ya Gary - take it easy and do what Remy tells ya :wink: Don't whatever you do - rush things.

#120 ·
Gary:

Just follow the bosses orders, and the doctors too.....LOL. Do your therapy, and don't worry 'bout nuthin' else. :hand10:

#121 ·
Great to see you're doing well! and yes prayers work!

Gary/Fed....I can't get away with a medical prank so easily, my wife is a CCU/ICU nurse....I shudder to think what she would do to me pulling a prank like that:rofl:

#124 ·
I'm happy everything turned out as it did. Not being on the internet much or the last month, I didn't know I should be including you in my prayers. I will be now.

I hope you have a full and speedy recovery with no ill effects.

#125 ·
I went to Coal Creek Armory (Knoxville , Tn) yesterday and bought a Brommeland Max Con V for $130.00 that they had in stock,...because they are the only outside distributor. They told me that he is in the hospital and have no idea when they will get some more holsters in (and they are about out.) I went ahead and bought the holster and absolutely love it. He does incredibly high quality work.
I wish the best for him and hope and pray for a full recovery.

#127 ·
Glad to hear you are up Gary. Keep working to get well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.