Defensive Carry banner

IWB for 1911 need help

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  havegunjoe 
#1 ·
I am realy thinking about giveing IWB another try before I completly rule it out.Now what I need for you all is a sugestion on what type of holster its going to ride in.I have settled on TWO different types; a c-tac or a leather simallar to a VM2.The gun will be a Kimber warrior that I just got back from a trip to nighthawk custom(pic will come shortly)I have never really liked IWB but I've also never tried a good holster either.I would really like your comments on these two type holsters only please

#2 ·
CTAC Infidel

I use a CTAC Infidel for my SA Champion and love it. I also have a CTAC Shirt tucker for it when I dress up. I tried leather IWB holsters, but they made the gun to thick and were uncomfortable. I love the ctac holster so much I also have the infidel for my MP9c. Good luck!

#3 ·
A leather holster in the VM2 style is my recommendation.

If you decide to go with the VM2, give lasports a call first.

A similar holster (and my personal choice) is Gary Brommeland's MaxCon V, sold thru Coal Creek Armory.

Good luck.

#6 ·
I think that there are several factors to consider. Clothing to be worn. Tasks while carrying. Avg. weather. It may sound anal, but buying a great holster and then finding out it does not meet your needs can be costly and you may not be able to carry when you need to.

#7 ·
Well I tried to order a MTac for my warrior but comp-tac doesn't have a kydex mold for the warrior yet, so I had to cancel my order. I imagine the same would hold true for the c-tac but I'm not sure. I'm waiting on a call from K&D to see if they can build a Dakota Defender to fit the warrior.

#8 ·
I have the CTAC, VM2, ARJ, but Mark's Crossbreed Deluxe is by far the most comfortable.

#9 ·
My 2 cents...avoid kydex. for me it was very uncomfortable for everyday wear. my MAXCON I can wear all day no problem.
your opinion may vary but thats how it worked for me.
the CTAC was a fine holster, i wore it for my IDPA matches, tried it for everyday and no go. so I sold it to a member here.
and in fact the Maxcon was about 25 bucks cheaper than the CTAC!!

#11 ·
You'll be glad as it's one of the finest, most comfortable and concealable holsters ever made for any firearm, and virtually tailor made perfect for 1911's. (I have two VMII's, and several IWB kydex over the years...and no Kydex can ever compare in terms of comfort in my experience).

#12 ·
Get the Milt Sparks VM 2 for your 1911.

I can't say enough on it's construction and fit. Emphasis on fit. But nothing to poo on it's construction either.

Mine was made for a Springer 4" 1911 and that thing can hide under the skimpiest T-shirt.

I'm 5'9 / 190 lbs. muscular build and can conceal that ALL day long as long as I watch my P's & Q's as far as reaching or bending goes in public.

Like I have read here a few times before, most sheeple won't be looking for a CCW, and most bad guys guys wouldn't know what to look for anyways...cause they're too stupid.

Seriously, spend the time and $$ to get a VM 2.

If you already have a serious CCW, it deserves a decent carrier.

'Nuff said.

#14 ·
#15 ·
The McDaniel II from Andrews Leather works well for me with my Custom II...a tee shirt covers well enough that the bride checks to see if I'm carrying it or the K9 in the Brommeland Max-Con V. The optional shield for the hammer keeps the pistol from getting to your love handles. It's really easy to take on and off as well and Sam got it to me in about 6-7 weeks, just like he promised. I also like the reinforced opening for one handed re-holstering and the rough side out provides extra grip on the holster for drawing. Good luck with your choice...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.