Dropping an MTAC?

This is a discussion on Dropping an MTAC? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my new comp-tac MTAC holster and I love it! It's basically the CTAC, but with a leather backing for comfort. Only problem I'm ...

Thread: Dropping an MTAC?

Dropping an MTAC?

Just got my new comp-tac MTAC holster and I love it! It's basically the CTAC, but with a leather backing for comfort. Only problem I'm having is that it sits up kind of high on me. I'm carrying a Glock G26 in it so it can come down considerably due to the short barrel. The back, unlike the CTAC is covered in leather and I'm not sure the best way of going about lowering it. Anyone have experience with it?

2. Remove Ads

I've got the same holster & gun and find with the way it came from the factory set in the middle hole on both the front and rear clips,it rides fine for me. I sits with the top edge of tholster, just above my belt line. But, if you want to lower it remove the screws in each belt clip with the hex wrench supplied, and move the clips up and reinstall the screws in the bottom hole of the clips. That will allow the holster to ride lower. You can also loosen the screws and try different angles to change the carry position.

You can also of course contact the Comp Tac folks for further information on adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I've got the same holster & gun and find with the way it came from the factory set in the middle hole on both the front and rear clips,it rides fine for me. I sits with the top edge of tholster, just above my belt line. But, if you want to lower it remove the screws in each belt clip with the hex wrench supplied, and move the clips up and reinstall the screws in the bottom hole of the clips. That will allow the holster to ride lower. You can also loosen the screws and try different angles to change the carry position.

You can also of course contact the Comp Tac folks for further information on adjustments.
    I feel like a real dolt. I didn't realize that I could drop it down from where it's at with the hex screws. Sorry about that, guys. I'm done being a moron now.

No problem, I'm sure we've all overlooked the obvious before at one time or another.

Links