Mika's Pocket Holster?

This is a discussion on Mika's Pocket Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read some positive post's on this particular holster http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm . I am currently waiting on my CCW Permit and have been looking for ...

Thread: Mika's Pocket Holster?

Mika's Pocket Holster?

I have read some positive post's on this particular holster http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm. I am currently waiting on my CCW Permit and have been looking for a holster for the SP101 I do plan on buying soon. My question is this... For folks who do own this holster does the holster stay in your pocket when you draw your weapon or does it come out with your weapon?

I am wondering if it does stay put what prevents it from coming out when you draw?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have read some positive post's on this particular holster http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm. I am currently waiting on my CCW Permit and have been looking for a holster for the SP101 I do plan on buying soon. My question is this... For folks who do own this holster does the holster stay in your pocket when you draw your weapon or does it come out with your weapon?

I am wondering if it does stay put what prevents it from coming out when you draw?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Several years ago I bought a couple Mika pocket holsters. They have a band of something I don't know how to describe sewn around the outside of the holster so they don't easily drag out of the pocket.

Mine stays put.
    If you are looking for something to pocket carry I might suggest a S&W Airweight like the 642/442.
    Just my $0.02.

Biker

I have 3 for different pistols, and yes they stay in the pocket. I think they are a great product, at a great price.
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I got one about 6 months ago for my J-frames. Since then, I've been buying about one Mika holster a month for various guns (his IWBs are great, too). Very happy with them.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

I purchased 2 pocket holsters from Mika. They are well built and I have heard nothing but good things about his integrity.

There are 2 camps of people regarding his holsters: some folks have no problem with the gun staying IN the holster when it should, others of us have the gun fall OUT of the holster when we sit.

The inside of the holster is not grippy at all--it's got a cloth-like finish. The gun is held into place by gravity alone. When I sit, I risk having the gun fall out of my pocket. This happened to me once. That's how I found out it is an issue for me. It happened in public, but fortunately I was around some gunny friends, and my J-frame fell onto carpet.

I don't know why this is not a problem for others. It might be that I'm more at risk since I wear pleated khakis and wool dress pants (business suit), which give the gun more opportunity to move freely against the leg. I suspect folks who wear tighter pants wouldn't have this problem. The pants would hold the gun in its original orientation.

From all I've heard, Mika is a great guy and I'm certainly not taking away from his product, which is terrific on the outside--that sticky band is really great. I'm just alerting you to a possible problem and speculating that the style of pants might be an issue.

I have some cheap Uncle Mike's holsters. They conform to the gun and leave a slightly smaller bulge but with a slightly more "gun" outline. The inside has never let me down, nor failed to release. I really wish I could get the Mike outer with an Uncle Mikes inner--that would be idea.

In the meantime I'm waiting for a Brommeland pocket holster and can report back on that when it arrives.

VIP Member
    Got one for my 642 and love it.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    Got one for my 642 and love it.
    Same here. Stays in my pocket and does not print.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Let me add my +1 for Mika's Pocket Holster. I've got 2 (rounded and squared bottom for Cargos) and they are great. I can slip my 340 M&P into a pair of dress slacks. No print and they stay put!

The Mika pocket holster works great, stays put on the draw and for under $20 and just a one week wait for delivery it doesn't get any better!

For pocket carry I'd recommend the S&W 642--at just 15 ounces it's great. My wife has a 642 and I have a S&W model 36 that is 5 ounces heavier, and it's a huge difference when you pocket carry.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I've got two, one round bottom, one square bottom, both work great with my SP101 & STAY in the pocket when drawing the gun. Even Masad Ayoob uses a Mika pocket holster, hard to get a better endorsement than that !

I bought a pocket holster from Mika for my 642 and have been using it since the end of May.

I have no problem recommending it, great product at a great price.

I just recieved mine for my S&W 642 about a week and a half ago and it has been great! It stays in my pocket every time I draw my weapon. It is definitely a fast draw holster, no worries on that. It is comfortable also.

Links