Anyone know if Alessi is still in the holster making business????

This is a discussion on Anyone know if Alessi is still in the holster making business???? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 10 months is nothing. I placed an order with another popular leather craftsman almost 2 years ago that hasnt been completed yet. Quality is worth ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know if Alessi is still in the holster making business????

10 months is nothing. I placed an order with another popular leather craftsman almost 2 years ago that hasnt been completed yet. Quality is worth the wait and luckily there are a few holster makers who can deliver quality products to hold you over until the magic leather arrives.

2. Remove Ads

Does he have a catalog...I would like to look at his product line

The only "catalog" i have seen is on this merchant site
    http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters...pt%5Fid=10
    I do not believe he has a website so this is your best bet.

I contacted him a couple of weeks ago and traded a few emails with him before placing an order. I wasn't particularly familiar with his different models of holsters, other than the famous CQC/S which everyone loves, so he emailed me pictures of the different models he offers.

In my case, I was only interested in OWB holsters so it wasn't that many different pics to send. He may not want to email you dozens of pictures of all his products, so you may want to narrow your request down to what you're really interested in.

FWIW, he quoted me 24 to 30 weeks delivery time, which is fine with me as I'm not in a hurry. Good luck to you.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

I think all the custom makers with long delivery times should hand out Tandy leather kits to convicts on work release!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post
    The only "catalog" i have seen is on this merchant site
    http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters...p?dept%5Fid=10
    I do not believe he has a website so this is your best bet.

...and that site is not really up to date.

For example, I just picked up an Alessi Bodyguard off eBay. It came with a horizontal mag pouch (which I prefer) rather than vertical. But there's no way anyone could know ahead of time that was an option.

Just about anything is an option when you are dealing with a custom maker. You may also want to look here (http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm) for examples of Alessi's products.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic View Post
    Just about anything is an option when you are dealing with a custom maker.
    By "option" I mean a choice built in to the holster design, such that the holster maker can easily do it one way or the other...not a one-off special order which would command a huge delay and much more money.

In the Bodyguard I have (and the all newer ones apparently), the mag carrier module itself has 3 attachment rings, and to select the horizontal vs vertical orientation they just attach to the appropriate 2 rings, leaving the third unused. I.e., the design itself changed to make horizontal/vertical a trivially implemented option, as opposed to him having to figure out, on the spot, how to redesign the holster to make it so.

But since there's no online catalog and since none of the retailers have recent pictures, you'd literally not even know to ask.

I get what you are saying about the change in design. All that I was pointing out is that one of the nice things about a custom maker is that each holster is made one at a time as you request them. You can ask for something changed and not change the price or wait time. (Sometimes there is a small fee, but no major charge.) If you want an entirely new design obviously that is another story, but basic changes are no big deal.
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

I offered to make him a website, once.

I offered to make him a website back in 2001, in exchange for a carry rig. LOL. He actually declined. The website that I'm working on today - we are charging 8 MILLION DOLLARS and I haven't worked on a website that cost less than million in about three years. The fact that I was willing to do his website for roughly $ 150.00 is the biggest friggin' joke I can tell - might as well have offered to do it at no cost.

Truth be told - when you are at Lou's level you might not need a website. He's got more business than he wants and WAY more than he needs so why should he even pay $ 150.00 for a website? Just to say that he has one? Suppose we add ecommerce to it? Now his orders multiply by a factor of 20 and what's he gonna do? Does he want to run a company 24/7 or does he wanna be a craftsman doing what he likes? All of a sudden that $ 150.00 will cost him all that he values.

I have one of his holsters and absolutely love it - great guy and a great craftsman.

For a VERY short time he did have a site (http://www.alessileather.com/). I think that he is way over swamped with orders as it is. He would need to hire people to answer all of the emails and deal with the site and there would still only be him making the holsters. Imagine what the wait time would be like with the increase in orders! I have been waiting well over a year for my order. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end and as you mentioned he is a great guy to deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links