Comp-Tac MTAC...

Comp-Tac MTAC...

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac MTAC... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have orders in for few holsters from some well-know custom leather makers. As we all know, they all have considerable wait times. I've ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up Comp-Tac MTAC...

I currently have orders in for few holsters from some well-know custom leather makers. As we all know, they all have considerable wait times. I've had my G30 for about a year now and recently picked up a H&K P2000. I figured I would just wait until my holsters arrived. I'm admittingly very particular when it comes to holsters, meaning I refuse to use cheap leather and don't care much for kydex. I currently use Max-Con's, VM's, and Alessi stuff. You get the idea!

I was inadvertently mailed a Tucker "Answer" after I purchased another holster from someone who was selling a few. I tried it on for a few minutes and thought this is pretty comfortable. (I did mail the holster back) This past weekend I saw a review done on the new Comp-tac MTAC which appeared very similar to the Answer. Reviews seemed very favorable and holsters were delivered quickly. I went ahead and order an MTAC ($70) for the P2000 and a spare body (extra $30) for the G30 late Saturday night. I received the holster today (Thurs.).

Holster can be adjusted to various ride height and cant by a quick turn of the allen wrench provided. Changing the kydex body to accomodate the different gun took about 5 minutes and was easy to do. Just needed to loosen 4 screws and switch out the body. This is such a neat concept...can use the same holster for many guns. You guys can read all about the specifics here...
    http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

I've been wearing the MTAC and G30 for the last 5 hours now (driving, sitting, walking, etc.), I can't believe how comfortable this holster is. The holster is very stable and does exactly what a good one is supposed to do (i.e. tucks in the grip). So far, the MTAC has far exceeded my expectations as a "hold-me-over" holster. Worth checking out for all you guys waiting on your leather. Pics below are the MTAC with my thick G30.
    Attached Images

I think Comp-Tac has hit another homerun with this holster. Glad you like it and thanks for the review. This is the first one I've seen where someone has actual experience with switching out the shells.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

LOVE my MTAC. I was originally looking to get "The Answer" but decided to give this a shot at half the price. Glad I did.

Yes, I LOVE my MTAC, which I had found it before all the others I tried & possibly the one custom one I'm still waiting on.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I am another MTAC fan! I just received my standard clips on Tuesday, after realizing that J clips don't stay put for me. The comfort difference between using the J Clips and standard clips is night and day. So for those of you who are looking at getting the MTAC, get the standard clips.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I've had my MTAC for 2 weeks now.....it's great! Works the same as my CTAC but the leather is much more comfortable when I'm not wearing an undershirt.......the reason I got the MTAC in the first place. It holds my G23 tight to body and is invisiable in my "hot weather" tee's. It's a quality holster and worth looking at.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

How does the leather and trigger guard match up. Does it separate at all. Last thing I want is something getting inside the trigger guard.

I saw a review on this forum last week, about the new Comp-tac MTAC. It sounded too good to be true but I ordered one and four business days later I was wearing it. Customer service was excellent, I received an "order update" e-mail from, "receiving the order" to "making the holster" to "shipping department" and to when it was shipped. Great company.
    Now for the holster. It is the most comfortable holster I have. It exceeds my expectations. Not only very comfortable but the standard clips holds the holster where you put it.(no more squirming and adjusting or pain when you sit down). The height and cant is easily adjustable. I left mine in the center and at first I thought it was to high but discovered that it held the butt close to my body and was very concealable. I read where people carry wearing only a tee shirt. Being in my 60's and twenty pounds over weight I thought "only in my dreams" Well I'm dreaming every where with only a tee shirt and pants. At least for me, I can say I am very pleased. Oh, can't leave with out saying the leather and kydex go together like a baby and carriage. The kydex holds the holster top open and I can easily re holster with one hand. Something else I only dreamed about. It may not be for every body but it suits me!!!!!!!!!!
    I remember New Orleans

My MTAC arrived yesterday....

I made one modification: I swapped the J-clips it came with for the over-the-belt clips I had on my CTAC. I just don't like J-clips. I set the holster to ride high.

The MTAC is very comfortable holding my Glock 30. Set high and placed a 4 o'clock, the holster tucks up into my kidney area.

This one's a keeper!

And Comp-Tac service is great.

Thumbs up MTAC

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    How does the leather and trigger guard match up. Does it separate at all. Last thing I want is something getting inside the trigger guard.
    There is no complete kydex surround like I believe the Crossbreed has. Just a shell of kydex screwed to a leather backing. The only thing near the trigger guard is the molded 'bump' for retention.

The thing is, to ME, more comfortable that the CTAC.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Nothing is going to get between the Kydex and leather backing to effect the trigger guard or the trigger. It is built very sturdy & secure. Like I said before. I LOVE mine, it is by far the best holster & holster buying experience I've had. I'll be buying the extra shells they offer to fit my other carry guns.

Got mine today

Well it finally arrived. This one was ordered on the 8th and got here on the 17th.

The one on the left is the Mtac, and the Answer is on the right.

Now the comparison.... Against the Answer by Tucker Gunleather.

I would say it is on par with the Answer in fit and finish (which is very nice).

It is very comfortable, just like the Answer.

Now where they differ is on the price... $70 versus $125 Winner MTAC.....

Really the only difference between the two is who makes the leather backing. Since the clips and the body are both made by Ctac. Minotaur makes the leather for the Mtac and Tucker for the Answer.

Also you can buy another body for it for $30 and use it for another gun.

Conclusion is I would buy this one over the Answer If I had to buy another holster. Mostly on price and you do not have to wait for 12 weeks to get it.

Steve

Thanks for the comparison.

more info

The extra leather on the bottom is so I can fit a longer slide in there. it fits MK9, to the CW9

steve

These are very similar to the Crossbreed Super Tuck & Tucker Leather the Answer - so I would expect it to function as great as these other holster do. I did just get an email confirming they will start making the MTAC for the Kel-Tec PF9 in less than a week! So good news for another option - although I already have the Crossbreed for the Glock - so I am inclined to stay with what works. As for the price - I think Crossbreed is around $65.00 so they are both very competitive in price.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links