Holster sagging issues

This is a discussion on Holster sagging issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jtmo3 I have a couple nice IWB holsters that I wear. One is a Brommeland max-con and the other is a Tucker ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster sagging issues

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmo3 View Post
    I have a couple nice IWB holsters that I wear. One is a Brommeland max-con and the other is a Tucker heritage. My question is, does anyone have an issue of the Brommeland or other holster of this type tending to sag pulling your belt down? I know it's not a tightening issue because I've tried it everwhere from loose to extremely tight. I mean it's not going to pull my pants down (sorry, bad visual image) but I can just tell it's dragging on them.

The Tucker however, with rough side out, doesn't do this and I can even loosen the belt slightly and still not have this problem. I like the idea of loops better than clips but this is kind of annoying in a way that it would happen. I also have a VMII that does the same thing. It seems that this problem for me is any IWB holster with smooth side out against the body.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Surely others have had this issue and somehow overcome it. Thanks.

John
    I've taken to wearing a 5.11 Trainer belt for casual dress "jeans, shorts". It's solid and holds up well.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

2. Remove Ads

I have a couple nice IWB holsters that I wear. One is a Brommeland max-con and the other is a Tucker heritage. My question is, does anyone have an issue of the Brommeland or other holster of this type tending to sag pulling your belt down? I know it's not a tightening issue because I've tried it everwhere from loose to extremely tight. I mean it's not going to pull my pants down (sorry, bad visual image) but I can just tell it's dragging on them.

The Tucker however, with rough side out, doesn't do this and I can even loosen the belt slightly and still not have this problem. I like the idea of loops better than clips but this is kind of annoying in a way that it would happen. I also have a VMII that does the same thing. It seems that this problem for me is any IWB holster with smooth side out against the body.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Surely others have had this issue and somehow overcome it. Thanks.

John

Yep, I have the same problem with my VMII and I have an awesome gun belt. I love my VMII but this really is a pain....The slippery leather is the problem....

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Or slap a piece of moleskin on the part of the holster next to the body...

(Apologies, Gary, for suggesting someone uglify one of your holsters....)

Matt
    This is what I have been thinking about trying....The VMII is such a work of art that I have been hoping to hear someone else's success story first.......anyone tried this?

sagging

I understand where you are coming from exactly. I have a Miltsparks Watch Six that does the same thing and then I have a Texas Heritage that doesn't. It is definitely not the belt in my case . I have a horsehide and leather Beltman belt, a really thick Fist belt & a Wilderness Instructors belt. It has to be our body shape I would be willing to bet we are built similar. The only solution I have come up with is either stick with the Texas Heritage or use a much smaller and lighter gun

So ev239, were you tucking with this holster setup? How did she see the belt?
    Yes, I always tuck which exposes my belt. Since I wear at about 4:00 if you look at my back straight on and really look for it, you can see that my right side is a little lower than my left.

We'll see how things look once I get my Crossbreed. I am hoping the extra friction from the rough side of the leather will help keep my belt up some.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

I recently picked up the Wilderness 5 stitch belt. It helps a lot in carrying and not having the gun sag as much, but I also think it is a body shape issue. I don't have much of a butt and my pants tend to sag even without the weight of the gun. Could that be the same issue with some of you guys?

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I recently picked up the Wilderness 5 stitch belt. It helps a lot in carrying and not having the gun sag as much, but I also think it is a body shape issue. I don't have much of a butt and my pants tend to sag even without the weight of the gun. Could that be the same issue with some of you guys?

Ron
    'Tis with me!

Suspenders solve the problem; however, they're not really usable or comfortable unless I wear a t-shirt under an untucked shirt, which looks a bit strange during current Texas heat.

I have two 1 1/2" Looper Leather kydex belts on order which should arrive in a few weeks. They are made of two pieces of belt leather with a strip of kydex sandwiched between. I'm hoping they will prevent the sagging problem.
    Chuck

I agree it may be body shape. I still have some belt sag with a very stiff belt due to that slight chest slippage down to my belt buckle, and no butt thingy going on. I tug on my pants getting up or after some movement w/ gun or no. Just like I see alot of other (ahem) middle aged men pulling up their pants frequently, except those who go that extra mile with belt and suspenders, but dang hot here for suspenders. I just am used to dragging up occaisionally, which is actually easier with a stiff belt than an old soft belt.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGeezer View Post

I have two 1 1/2" Looper Leather kydex belts on order which should arrive in a few weeks. They are made of two pieces of belt leather with a strip of kydex sandwiched between. I'm hoping they will prevent the sagging problem.

Interesting belts. How can a non-wholesaler purchase?
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Interesting belts. How can a non-wholesaler purchase?
    I just called them and a nice lady took my order and credit card #. Said I should get the belts in a couple of weeks.

I think they have a walk-in retail store also.

Looper Leather Goods
    2124 S Prospect
    Oklahoma City, OK 73129
    Phone Numbers
    800#: (800) 299-LOOP
    Local: (405) 677-1655
    Fax: (405) 677-1555
    Chuck

+1 for the Looper belt. Just call the number on their website and place order over phone. I got mine in about 4 days.

Wilderness Belt

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I recently picked up the Wilderness 5 stitch belt.
    I have a 1 1/2 inch wilderness and I am wondering if there would be any real difference if I went to the 1 3/4

Hi

I'm a new guy here and this thread caught my eye...I have exactly the same issues with exactly the same holsters. The Heritage is fine except the Kydex clips dig into me after a while and the VM is great with leather loops but the slippery leather slips, slides and sags.

Seems to me a better solution would be a VMII style holster with a rough side and leather loops anyone know of a maker?

Question what is moleskin? And wear is the moleskin store or how does one catch a mole, I could probably figure out how to skin it. And does anyone know of a way to attach it to a VMII without ruining the VMII for re-sale?

In the meantime I've been going OWB instead of IWB, but of course that presents other carry challenges. There are times and places where only IWB is going to work.

I found this site while Googling some of my "holster" challenges. I carry a Kahr PM9, Glock G27 & G29 and Kimber Compact CDP

Maybe moles like peanut butter.

Actually I would try the footcare section in a place like Wal Mart or a pharmacy. Dr Scholl's makes some. A podiatrist or medical supply might have some better stuff.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I have found that my only holster sagging problems (assuming you're starting with a good holster) were because of a 'cheap' belt...
    A good instructor's belt or a firm leather (Beltman) belt will make your problem go away...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links