Holster sagging issues

Holster sagging issues

This is a discussion on Holster sagging issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a couple nice IWB holsters that I wear. One is a Brommeland max-con and the other is a Tucker heritage. My question is, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster sagging issues

Holster sagging issues

I have a couple nice IWB holsters that I wear. One is a Brommeland max-con and the other is a Tucker heritage. My question is, does anyone have an issue of the Brommeland or other holster of this type tending to sag pulling your belt down? I know it's not a tightening issue because I've tried it everwhere from loose to extremely tight. I mean it's not going to pull my pants down (sorry, bad visual image) but I can just tell it's dragging on them.

The Tucker however, with rough side out, doesn't do this and I can even loosen the belt slightly and still not have this problem. I like the idea of loops better than clips but this is kind of annoying in a way that it would happen. I also have a VMII that does the same thing. It seems that this problem for me is any IWB holster with smooth side out against the body.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Surely others have had this issue and somehow overcome it. Thanks.

John

I think the problem is the belt not the holster.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I would have said that at first too. I probably should have said what my belts were. I have three belts that I've used to make it better. One is a Sparks. One is a beltman, and one is a wilderness.

Maybe I should say that the pistol is an all steel commander and it ain't light. With the Tucker, again, no problem. With an smooth back holster, it seems to sag after a small period of time.

John

1943 - 2009
    This is my solution to the sagging problem. Logger suspenders. YMMV.

Colt LW Commander in a Max Con V on a RafterS 1.5 inch belt.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Belt issue most likely.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Lead Moderator
    Perhaps more of a body type issue. Not everyone is built the same. I tend to find my hip bone holding my gun and belt in position .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I carry my 5" Mil-Spec in a MaxCon V, no issues with sagging on mine. Sounds like you're wearing good belts, unless they're just old and worn out that shouldn't be the source of the problem. Like Rocky said, maybe it's your body type or build giving you fits. You might have to stick with rough side out holsters if that's what works best for you.
    Jack

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I carry my 5" Mil-Spec in a MaxCon V, no issues with sagging on mine. Sounds like you're wearing good belts, unless they're just old and worn out that shouldn't be the source of the problem. Like Rocky said, maybe it's your body type or build giving you fits. You might have to stick with rough side out holsters if that's what works best for you.
    Jack
    Or slap a piece of moleskin on the part of the holster next to the body...

(Apologies, Gary, for suggesting someone uglify one of your holsters....)

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

You have the problem even using good belts. You need a pair of suspenders.

You answered your own question. You have problems with smooth sided IWB holsters but not with roughout. Wear roughout, or do as suggested and use moleskin or some glue on lightweight roughout leather strips.

Ya, that's what I figured. I think it might be the body shape. Suspenders do work, I just don't care to wear them. I guess I will stay with the Tucker holster. Sounds pretty bad having to settle for the Tucker considering the Tucker is a great holster, I just wish it had loops rather than clips but the clips do seem to make it feel even narrower than the max con.

Thanks guys.

I got a pair of these for when I work plainclothes and carry gear on my belt...they work great and don't look as "old school".

Spec Ops Combat suspenders
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Get a beltman belt...bam problem solved.

Here's my sagging holster story and it just happened today.

My wife is just over 6 months pregnant with twins and today we got to have one of the many ultrasounds that we'll have before they are born. Her mom came with us to check out the twins too which she was really excited about. Well, I'm carrying like I usually do with my P239 IWB tucked which is pretty well hidden. I don't use any of the popular custom holsters since I "modded" my Don Hume OT to sit IWB using two Comp-tac V-clips. It's smooth on the outside similar to a Max Con or K&D so that even though I have a sturdy 1.5" belt that's well tighten the overall weight of the gun does cause the belt to sag a little bit. I hardly notice it, but my mother-in-law certainly did. She came up behind me and tugged on my belt just to the left of my holster and said at the same time "Have you lost weight your pants are sagging." and I about jumped and swung at her. Luckily, I caught myself and realized that she didn't notice my holster or gun just that my pants were hanging a bit. I responded to her saying that no I haven't lost any weight, but that I definitely need to while breathing a sigh of relief. My MIL knows that I carry, but she's not too comfortable with it.

I've got a Crossbreed on the way that I'm looking forward to trying out which has the rough side of the leather against me so I hope that'll help with any sagging issues.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

So ev239, were you tucking with this holster setup? How did she see the belt?

That's pretty much my issue except my belt is hidden and I notice it as it pulls on my pants. My guess is my commander all steel weighs a bit more than a 239 and it is "annoying" just a bit. It has to be the smooth out because, like I said, my rough out Tucker does not do this and my def-con OWB does not pull my belt down ( I know, hard to believe) at all. Just with the max-con unless I pull the belt so tight I can't breath. If I could get it to stay put, it is a very comfortable holster and might be even better if the gun was lighter but it should still work with a steel commander, I would think.

John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links