Crossbreed Holster Review Part 2

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Holster Review Part 2 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jimbo2 I've had a Crossbreed for a couple months now for my CDP. The only ***** I have about them is the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbreed Holster Review Part 2

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
    I've had a Crossbreed for a couple months now for my CDP. The only ***** I have about them is the clips. The j clips pull on your pants and the c clips do a number on your belt not to mention a 1 1/2" gun belt don't fit. I ordered standard clips from another maker and have loved it ever since.

Jim
    And you, sir, are not the first person who has raised this issue. As you did, some folks even purchase clips from another maker to use on our holsters.
    We feel this is an expense that our customers should not have to bear, and also a pretty good indication that our clips are not quite what folks want or need.

SOOOoooo ...we now have a new set of clips coming out, they should be available and shipping with all rigs within 2-3 weeks. Of course they will also be available for purchase at a very reasonable cost for anyone who currently has one of our holsters and would like to upgrade. Like all the rest of our products, they will be made in-house by us.

They will be very similiar to the "standard" clips of another maker and will offer easier on and off than a "j-hook" and the same level of support (on the belt) of a full loop clip.

Our original j-hooks and loop clips will still be available as well as a velcro clip for total clip concealment, but all holsters will ship with the new "Snap-Lok" clips as soon as we get them into production.

Thanks ' fer listenin'
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

2. Remove Ads

With my Crossbreed, I ended up using the c-hook on the back part of the holster and the j-hook on the front part. This combo seems to give me the best of both worlds. It's easier to take on and off, and I get the added support of the rear c-hook.

I have no complaints with the holster at all. Just looking at the MTAC, it looks like the leather does not extend all the way up to cover the entire slide. Not a problem with my Supertuck. Maybe you MTAC guys could chime in on that.

In the meantime, Mark, you won't be seeing my holster in your UPS drop-off anytime soon.

Just wanted to add one more vote for Crossbreed. I've never had the issue described here, but then I carry a XD9 subcompact as well, so the slide is short.

I love my Crossbreed Supertuck and wear is constantly!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

With the Crossbreed - or any holster - the C clips stink. The top part of the clip will pop behind the belt. Again for any model of holster the J clip will not support weight of the gun - it's all riding on the waist of the pants. Full loop, Velcro or snap over clips are the only way to go. I ordered the J clips with my Crossbreed . Yes, the clips are the biggest downside - but that is for all the holster makers. I have not seen one C or J clip that I have been satisfied with.

SOOOoooo ...we now have a new set of clips coming out, they should be available and shipping with all rigs within 2-3 weeks. Of course they will also be available for purchase at a very reasonable cost for anyone who currently has one of our holsters and would like to upgrade. Like all the rest of our products, they will be made in-house by us.
    Thanks for responding Mark, responding to feedback is what turns a very good product into a great one. Let us know when the new clips come out and put me down for a set.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
    Thanks for responding Mark, responding to feedback is what turns a very good product into a great one. Let us know when the new clips come out and put me down for a set.

Jim
    I'll be buying a set as well. I just got my Supertuck a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. Conceals my XD-9 Service perfectly. My only complaint about it was the clips, so these new clips sound like they'd solve my problem handily. As an aside...anyone know if a Supertuck made for an XD-9 could be used for an XD-45?

I just got my new holster and once I get the new clips that are coming soon I'll be happy as ever!!

I'm going to ask what may seem like a very stupid question, with the oval clips that came with it, do you have to thread the belt through them while you thread it through the loops on your pants? I haven't put these clips on in place of the j hooks yet, but just looking at them that seems to be the only way to put the holster on with them.

Anyway, I can't wait to get the new clips!

FMC

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmaycraft View Post
    I just got my new holster and once I get the new clips that are coming soon I'll be happy as ever!!

I'm going to ask what may seem like a very stupid question, with the oval clips that came with it, do you have to thread the belt through them while you thread it through the loops on your pants? I haven't put these clips on in place of the j hooks yet, but just looking at them that seems to be the only way to put the holster on with them.

Anyway, I can't wait to get the new clips!

FMC
    Yes, you have to thread everything together at one time.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Just got my supertuck deluxe yesterday. I wore it about 3 hours yesterday and have had it on for over 5 hours today. I am using the C clips and have no complaints. I carry a S&W 642 so the muzzle does not extend enough to be a problem. I am very pleased with my supertuck and the great service (3 weeks exactly).
    Reggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links