New holster for my 1911

This is a discussion on New holster for my 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I did something that most people would probably think I'm crazy in doing. I sold my Brommeland Max-Con V & got a Garrity Triskel ...

Thread: New holster for my 1911

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar

New holster for my 1911

Well, I did something that most people would probably think I'm crazy in doing. I sold my Brommeland Max-Con V & got a Garrity Triskel for my 1911 LW Commander (Para LW LTC).

Because of the 1911 MOA being different than every other gun I carry/use, I don't CC it much, if at all. So, I wanted a holster that I could use for OWB, as well as IWB if I wanted to. So, I ran across a used Triskel for a good price, tried it out, then sold my Max-Con V.

I must say that for me (& me ONLY), the Triskel's actually more comfortable at IWB. Plus the clips work real well with my Liger belts & they're easier on/off.

So, I'm curious, does anybody else out there use a Garrity Triskel?
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator

I have two Triskels on order but wouldn't dare trade or sell my Max-Con V's, I am just looking for more options with holsters and the Triskel will fit the need well. I will be happy when they come in as I am anxious to try them.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I did various searches on multiple gun forums and found little info on the Triskel. Interested to see if anyone chimes in here.
    How well does it work OWB?

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Wow, I thought people would know what a Garrity Triskel looks like. It's only the 1st holster shown on the IWB section of his site. I'll try to post pics later.

I know most of you wouldn't get rid of a Brommeland holster, but since I'd rather CC guns w/o manual safeties (Plus that's what I've always trained on for the last 14 yrs), I knew I wasn't going to use the Brommeland.

As to how well it works as an OWB holster, not as bad as I thought it would. Since I use a Liger belt, the belt fits within the clips easily, so there's little chance the holster'll come off.

I will say this; I would NOT have gotten rid of the Brommeland if it was for my Glock 19 or Kahr PM9 (My primary CC guns).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I gotta figure out a way to save that response. LOL.

Links