Toters Jeans

This is a discussion on Toters Jeans within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got a chance to field test a pair of Toters Jeans. Although somewhat expensive, they are a great alternative for carrying in high temp ...

Thread: Toters Jeans

Toters Jeans

Finally got a chance to field test a pair of Toters Jeans. Although somewhat expensive, they are a great alternative for carrying in high temp climates. Comfortable and adjustable to fit most carry weapons. All that's needed is a shirt made to wear outside (not tucked in) and your set. If interested, you can get more info here:

http://www.totersjeans.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    $75 to $80 for a pair of jeans stops me from buying from them no matter how nice they are. Thats a lot for jeans or am I just an old fuddy duddy?

Cringed at the price my self Ben, but how much would one spend on a holster?, and knock that off the jeans price.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911NM View Post
    Cringed at the price my self Ben, but how much would one spend on a holster?, and knock that off the jeans price.
    Oh I agree! But one thing I do not do is stick my holsters in the wash machine. My holsters will last forever with care. I'm fairly sure the jeans will not hold up like a leather holster will. But with that being said if I had a lot of extra money I would try them but untill then I'll have to wait for the Blue Light Special. lol

Hadn't even snapped on the washing issue. Oh well, back to sprawlmart for cheapo wranglers again.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

A piece of elastic sewn in a pair of Levis relaxed fit or comfort fit and you are good to go. You can so the same with T Shirts. Why spend $50-60 per shirt when you can (or your wife/girl friend) can do the same thing. Elastic is easy to come by at any fabric shop - and so is velcro strips for the retention. With the jeans - I don't see why a good OWB would not work better. The shirt or cover garment does not have to be as long as it does with the butt protruding out of your pocket. I wore my Glock OWB yesterday with just a polo over it - I would need a longer shirt if I wore it in the jeans like the pic. jmo

The main things to consider here would be: How many different guns do you carry? Do you use a different holster for hot and cold weather carry? While I prefer an IWB holster and have one for each of my carry weapons, are they practicle all the time? Not the way I carry sometimes. Initial cost of the jeans is a shock but, after considering some of the over all costs, it becomes somewhat more bearable.

True - easier to swap out guns.

I'll stick with my Levi's and a ctac; the jeans are way to expensive and look like maw-maw pants...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    $75 to $80 for a pair of jeans stops me from buying from them no matter how nice they are. Thats a lot for jeans or am I just an old fuddy duddy?
    fuddy duddy

In reality 75+ is on the high end for jeans however spending $50-65 isnt't unheard of and you really do get what you pay for. I use to buy my nice dress shirts at walmart for $10-20 bucks depending on the sales. I quicckly realized that they fade/wearout 100x faster than more expensive shirts. Its the same with my jeans. So, lately I have been buying the more expensive clothing. The clothes fit better and looks nicer (even after a couple dozen washes) than the cheaper, less expensive stuff.

edit: BTW the jeans in question look like grandma pants (no offense to the grandma's out there) and I would never spend more than $20 on those things.

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    fuddy duddy

In reality 75+ is on the high end for jeans however spending $50-65 isnt't unheard of and you really do get what you pay for. I use to buy my nice dress shirts at walmart for $10-20 bucks depending on the sales. I quicckly realized that they fade/wearout 100x faster than more expensive shirts. Its the same with my jeans. So, lately I have been buying the more expensive clothing. The clothes fit better and looks nicer (even after a couple dozen washes) than the cheaper, less expensive stuff.

edit: BTW the jeans in question look like grandma pants (no offense to the grandma's out there) and I would never spend more than $20 on those things.
    +1. WalMart clothes are terrible quality and make the wearer look terribly cheap. At least go to Kohl's.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

To bad you can't get a decent look at the jeans. All the pics are pretty far away and they don't have a pic w/ a concealed carry example, only w/ the butt of the gun sticking out, or is that the "concealed" carry?.

BTW - $75 is rape for jeans! Heck I feel raped paying $30+ for Carharts, but my wife makes me.

Links