upper body or under the arm pit holsters?

This is a discussion on upper body or under the arm pit holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very few people can comfortably carry in a shoulder holster. Most find it extremely painful in shoulders & back after several hours. I don't know ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upper body or under the arm pit holsters?

Very few people can comfortably carry in a shoulder holster. Most find it extremely painful in shoulders & back after several hours.
    I don't know about that... I think it's partly a matter of adjusting the holster a hundred times or so until it's comfortable. You've got a lot more variables with a shoulder rig. Further up, further down, tie downs or no. I expect body shape and such can be a big factor too, though - I'm a skinny rat. I'm in college, so I'm used to hauling a bag full of books and a computer. A shoulder rig's easy in comparison. But that's just for me.
    I use Ken Null's SMZ rig for a 4" S&W Model 65. It's pretty fast and secure. No thumbreaks to deal with, just lift slightly and twist. Slowest part of the draw, in my experience, is getting your hand to the holster. The drawstroke, once you reach the grip, is very fast.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyRebel View Post

I've over 6'7" tall and a decent build.......I would like to carry my Glock 30, but its kinda heavy ............
    A Glock 30 kinda heavy for a fella 6'7".......ya weakling! No no no! I take that back! Please don't hurt me!

Actually, I dress the same, and weather permitting I waer a sports coat, in the summer I pocket carry a G 26. That style of dress can be tough - but you have a lot of options.

Welcome, and good luck - a lot of great folks here will help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links