Can't conceal my g30

This is a discussion on Can't conceal my g30 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently carry a g23 in a comp-tac infidel and it conceals fine under a t-shirt. I recently picked up a new g30 and vmII ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't conceal my g30

Can't conceal my g30

I currently carry a g23 in a comp-tac infidel and it conceals fine under a t-shirt. I recently picked up a new g30 and vmII that I want to carry. Unfortunately the g30 sticks out under a t-shirt and is extremely noticeable. With an additional cover garmet it is okay, but does anyone have any ideas on a different holster that might work better? I am 6'1" and 155lbs. I was thinking about a Mitch Rosen ARG. Anyone have one?

2. Remove Ads

Not many holsters conceal better than a VM2, especially for your frame. What position IWB do you carry it at?

Maybe your spoiled by the adjustability of the C-TAC. If your cant setting on the C-TAC is different than the VM2 you may not find that sweet spot. Just get another C-TAC, if you want a leather adjustable IWB try K&D Holsters IWB Defender
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I carry my G21 or G30 in a AKJ Concealco IWB at about 4:30. Unless I am bending over it says hidden. I am 5' 11" 165 lbs.

http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...ry_Code=051IWB
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Try one size bigger shirt. It helps. I had an ARG for a g27. I worked fine. Try a Blade-tech OWB they are pretty nice and might do the job for you. If you are carrying at 3:00, you might try 3:30 or 4:00, more in the natural "dent" hollow of the back and hip. That work for me most of the time if my holster and shirt are not working together that day.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Fimding the "right" holster to accomodate a gun can be a frustrating expirience.
    I would suggest you try your CTAC for a 30, since that's what you are using now and it seems to work for you. I would also look at my belt. Are you using a gunbelt, or just a "store bought cheapie"? It make a difference.
    I would also suggest you give the maker of the holster a call. They specialize in holsters and may have a "trick" or two to help make your gun more concealable with their holster. Sometimes all is takes is moving the holster/gun combo 1/4" to gain good concealment.

Biker

I just bought an MTAC for my Glock 30

I adjusted the clips to move the holster *up* not down and place it about 4 -- 4:30. The G30 is noticeably thicker than my G26, but it rides against my right kidney and does not print through an appropriate cover shirt.

The MTAC is also muy comfy.

Good luck!

Move the holster to a different part of your body and see if that helps.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

not sure about the size difference in the guns. But I'm using a Don Hume IWB here at work for my XD-45 Service. I have my shirt untucked but I like to look professional so it just comes down below the belt line and nobody notices the XD, or the Bersa in my pocket lol.
    SA XD-45 | Bersa Thunder 380 | Mossberg 935 Mag 12ga | WASR-10 - AK-47
    NRA | GoA | CLUB 1852 | PAFOA

Pennsylvania Citizens Defense League

Both my G-36 and my Kimber Ultra are 'out of sight' IWB at 4:00-4:30...very comfortable!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The two pistols are almost exactly the same size (they only differ by a few millimeters in any dimension), so I'd be more inclined to blame the holster than the gun. I've heard a lot of people say good things about the VM2, but holsters are a very individual thing and it's possible that it just doesn't work for you. If the Comp-Tac works for your G23, I'd recommend buying one for use with your G30.

I carry at 3:30 anything past that and it digs into my back too much while sitting. I am going to try different shirts. I really like the vmII and it is soo comfortable to wear. I am also going to order a comp-tac for it and see how that is. Thanks for all the replies.

I carry my G30 in a Galco deep cover, tuckable IWB at 3:30-4:00. Works great. The only person I know that has "made" me was a friend who is a member of this site, and he really already knew I was carrying. BTW, I sometimes tuck and sometimes just let a shirt hang over. Works equally well either way.

Dave.
    Go beyond that which is required of you...

I use a CTAC with my 30 and could'nt be happier.
    Nick.

VIP Member
    Yeah, I agree that it's not the holster/gun combo... I conceal a full sized SIG P-220R in a VM-II! You need to move it.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I had a similar problem with my 1911 Commander in a Brommeland Max-Con V (Which is real similar to the VM 2). I think the problem is probabley that the C-TAC carries the gun lower (Or can adjust to do so, at least).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links