all day, every day

all day, every day

This is a discussion on all day, every day within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This isn't necessarily what you would call a "thread starter" in as much as there is no real topic to discuss or question to bring ...

Thread: all day, every day

all day, every day

This isn't necessarily what you would call a "thread starter" in as much as there is no real topic to discuss or question to bring up. I merely wanted to show off the gear that I carry every day. It took a while to find exactly what I like and what I am comfortable with carrying. I finally did and here is the result.

Here's a quick rundown:
    *Kahr PM9 loaded with 115 gr Corbon DPX
    *Comp-Tac CTAC holster
    *Extra magazine in a PWL single mag holder
    *Benchmade Griptilian
    *T.O.P. Stryker Compact light

also, not shown (but every bit as important in a self defense package)
    *Blackhawk CQC belt
    *and lastly probably most important of all........Blackberry Pearl 8100
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

nice,,,i have the same benchmade by the way,,

Good stuff man. One question. Why the 115gr rather than a 124 or 147gr ? Just curious. :)
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddae52 View Post
    Good stuff man. One question. Why the 115gr rather than a 124 or 147gr ? Just curious. :)
    I was unaware that DPX came in those weights......I was shooting 100gr PowRball but those have been out of stock at my gun shop for quite a while and decided to try out the DPX. After shooting MANY rounds of it decided to shoot up the last of the Powrball and switch over. The 115 is all my gun shop carries so that is what I was testing and ended up liking.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyCooper View Post
    The 115 is all my gun shop carries so that is what I was testing and ended up liking.
    Nice setup. I use 115gr Winchester Silvertip JHP myself. I don't like what I've heard about 9mm in 147gr, and 124gr seems difficult to find in inexpensive practice ammo... whereas I can buy 115gr WWB/ Valuepak or Remington UMC relatively cheap and thus shoot practice ammo similar to my carry rounds.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I carry the same knife every day. It's my favorite. Was thinking of getting a Lone Wolf T1 though.

Nice set-up. I've heard nothing but good things about the Comp-Tac C-TAC holster.

Nice set up. Like the holster. Have you had any probs with Kahr? I recently had the feed ramp polished on my PM9. I use Speer Gold Dot 147 JHP. The 147 was "catching" on the feed ramp and causing FTF. Things are good to go now, but I think this gun has required too much adjusting/attention for what I paid for it. This is not a shoot out of the box gun like the XD or Glocks. Sorry can't help comparing!

Quote Originally Posted by tk4878 View Post
    Nice set up. Like the holster. Have you had any probs with Kahr? I recently had the feed ramp polished on my PM9. I use Speer Gold Dot 147 JHP. The 147 was "catching" on the feed ramp and causing FTF. Things are good to go now, but I think this gun has required too much adjusting/attention for what I paid for it. This is not a shoot out of the box gun like the XD or Glocks. Sorry can't help comparing!
    I bought it used so I never had the "break in" issues with this gun. However, I have put about 2,800 rounds through it without a single problem with the gun (I had one round that had a bad primer but that is not the gun's fault) It eats every type of ammunition I put into it and has yet to fail to do anything (feed, eject, etc). Absolutely the epitome of reliability in my book.

Sponsored Links