Is anyone actually on schedule ???

This is a discussion on Is anyone actually on schedule ??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered from Fist in NYC,and they're running 4 wks. I have ordered 11 holsters from FIST and have never waited more than four ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone actually on schedule ???

I just ordered from Fist in NYC,and they're running 4 wks.
    I have ordered 11 holsters from FIST and have never waited more than four weeks (which is what they promised in the first place).
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    I have ordered 11 holsters from FIST and have never waited more than four weeks (which is what they promised in the first place).
    Well what is it with ME then? You order 11 and get them in 4 weeks, I order 3 and get them in 7 and (hopefully ) 5 weeks. Maybe they have something against Kentuckians..

It also depends what kind of holsters you order from FIST. They told me they can make Kydex rigs alot faster than leather.

www.cuttscustomleather.com is amazingly fast. I ordered it just over a week ago and he sent it out last thursday (when my paypal money finally hit my account so I could send it to him). I am still waiting on it, but I suspect I will get it tomorrow--my mailman is mentally handicapped sometimes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orangehole View Post
    It also depends what kind of holsters you order from FIST. They told me they can make Kydex rigs alot faster than leather.
    I emailed Fist and asked why some got theirs ealier than others and they said just that. Some take longer than others. But if I'm first in line, my order should come before someone that orders 2 weeks after I did..

Wow, I'm kind of shocked at the responses to this thread.
    I've had many custom made holsters over the years. My current carry mode is generally belt mounted in a K&D Laredo Defender or a Galco Side Snap.

I'm just amazed that with all of the choices available today how long the shops are running.

I'm also more of an instant gratification type, and generally pretty broke so when funds are available I want to get things done.

I love the look of Garrity's stuff and Del fatti's but the wait is just killer. I would like the holster before I retire (LOL).
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

I had the same experience with UBG. Nate quoted 4-6 weeks and I got it in that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    I love the look of Garrity's stuff and Del fatti's but the wait is just killer. I would like the holster before I retire (LOL).
    I'm retired. I would want it before I die !!!!
    Tony

I too am waiting on my first custom rig, two of them actually. I have been waiting since February. I hate the wait but was aware of the situation going in so I am doing my best to wait patiently.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Tony at Milt Sparks has been getting longer lead times, but he does tell me when he sends the confirmation. It used to be four months, now right at six on the last holster.
    Something I've done is after I get a holster from him, I'll start thinking about what I may need in a year - and then go ahead and order it. There's always the chance that I guess wrong, but in the one time I did, I sold the holster in about 5 minutes here at work.
    Great quality takes time -- and I sure try to forget all about the order so I won't be waiting and wanting (that doesn't always work either)!

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    www.cuttscustomleather.com is amazingly fast. I ordered it just over a week ago and he sent it out last thursday (when my paypal money finally hit my account so I could send it to him). I am still waiting on it, but I suspect I will get it tomorrow--my mailman is mentally handicapped sometimes.
    got it today

So that was what, less than 5 days since he got my money? I ordered it probably 10 days ago. The holster was done in less than 5 days and I could have gotten it much sooner had my paypal funds cleared faster.

Plus this is a kick (I got infracted for saying last night) holster.

Man, I know. All these excellent makers and a bunch of at least really good ones and still they can't keep up. Makes me want to see if I can apprentice in one of their shops, like people did back in the "old days." Of course, after at look at my first holster, it would be, "Hey, ah....you ever thought about the janitorial arts, bud...?"
    In 1998, I had to wait 6 WHOLE weeks on a Delfatti rig. What a difference a few years makes.

VIP Member
    It does seem like everyone is on the same schedule... 6 months or longer!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Man, I know. All these excellent makers and a bunch of at least really good ones and still they can't keep up. Makes me want to see if I can apprentice in one of their shops, like people did back in the "old days." Of course, after at look at my first holster, it would be, "Hey, ah....you ever thought about the janitorial arts, bud...?"
    In 1998, I had to wait 6 WHOLE weeks on a Delfatti rig. What a difference a few years makes.
    Man, it doesn't feel like I was EVER that caught up . That'd sure be neat to be able to deliver that fast again. I just keep pluggin' away at it.

I've been waiting on a Brommeland Max Con V for almost 20 weeks now. It originally had a 16 week lead time and was on schedule but a check of his website today said he has a supply problem and is now up to 90 days behind and is not taking any more orders until he can get caught up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links