Is anyone actually on schedule ??? - Page 3

Is anyone actually on schedule ???

This is a discussion on Is anyone actually on schedule ??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kavity got it today So that was what, less than 5 days since he got my money? I ordered it probably 10 ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone actually on schedule ???

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    got it today

So that was what, less than 5 days since he got my money? I ordered it probably 10 days ago. The holster was done in less than 5 days and I could have gotten it much sooner had my paypal funds cleared faster.

Plus this is a kick (I got infracted for saying last night) holster.

Would love see a review and some pics. This guy is local as I live right outside Rochester. I heard from a few cops that they get all their leather from a local guy, this must be him.

I just received a FIST #8 and really like it. They said 3-5 weeks and I received it in 3 weeks and 2 days. Very good quality and a very reasonable price.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Talking There's hope!

Here's one for the record book.

P239 9mm MS VMII ordered 4/3/07, quoted 24-26 weeks, changed caliber from 9mm to .40 on 5/31/07.

Delivered 8/27/07-21 weeks! 3 weeks EARLY!

Hah!

Now I got 2 of 'em (forgot which cal ordered...)
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Check out "Lightening Arms Sports" they sell Del Fatti, Sparks and Alessi Holsters online.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I've been waiting on a Brommeland Max Con V for almost 20 weeks now. It originally had a 16 week lead time and was on schedule but a check of his website today said he has a supply problem and is now up to 90 days behind and is not taking any more orders until he can get caught up.
    It could be worse, Todd. I ordered a Max Con V LAST July and was quoted 20 weeks. It's been a rough year for Gary and Remy (as well as others, like Eric). The good thing about the one-man shop is attention to detail and quality. The bad thing is that it's totally unpredictable and you're not likely to get any communication concerning status, even (or especially?) when the delivery date is way overdue. I've decided to just be patient and wait for it. As you say, they've promised that all backorders will be filled within 60-90 days (back on July 15)-- but that was before Gary's latest stint in the hospital, so who knows when (or if) it will ever arrive? If it gets here and I don't need it then, I can always sell it for no less than my cost.

Fortunately, I was able to get some custom holsters from Tucker Gunleather before they started getting much of a backlog. I received my Answer in the promised 3 weeks and my custom HF1, gunbelt and mag pouch in 6. Now the wait is 15-16 weeks for IWB holsters and 5 - 6 months for OWB.

It's to our advantage, I believe, to support the up & coming craftsmen, who can still deliver in a reasonable time. And even if the time isn't reasonable, an honest appraisal of what the wait will be is always appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

K&D is running alittle behind...i was quoted 8 weeks but looks like it is gonna be more around 10-12. It'll be worth it! Got a CTAC in the meantime to hold me over.

Hello all the guy I got my last rig from was http://southernholsters.ecrater.com/ he had a 4 week wait it took 4 weeks for it to be shipped to me. You might want to check with him.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    Hello all the guy I got my last rig from was http://southernholsters.ecrater.com/ he had a 4 week wait it took 4 weeks for it to be shipped to me. You might want to check with him.
    His website is now: http://southernholsters.com/ .

Looks like excellent workmanship, at very reasonable prices.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

UBG ,Sideguard & Concealco hit their delivery dates. Others I've bought from were delayed beyond the time frames I was quoted at the times I placed my orders. Comp Tac was extremely fast, less than 1 week from order to delivery. Still waiting on my Max Con.
    Last edited by sass20485; August 28th, 2007 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchus99 View Post
    K&D is running alittle behind...i was quoted 8 weeks but looks like it is gonna be more around 10-12. It'll be worth it! Got a CTAC in the meantime to hold me over.
    Longer.

I ordered one from K&D on May 25th (almost 14 weeks ago) and got an e-mail from Kevin a week ago which stated, in part, "With respect to getting started on your order, I would expect to be doing that in the next week to 10 days. We are currently working on orders that were received May 7th - 19th." His quoted time at order was 8 to 10 weeks, but apparently his business is booming and he has had some difficulties in getting additional staff who can meet his quality standards, based on a post he made somewhere awhile back.

I'm also believing that the finished product will be worth the wait. This will be my first "custom" holster and see nothing but good words about K&D's products. So, I'm hoping to see mine in a couple of weeks.
    Chuck

I ordered mine from Kevin on Jun 11th.....looks like a few more weeks for me......

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    Of all the custom holster makers, is there anyone who is really on schedule.
    Is there anyone with a short wait time ?
    Try Mernickle Holsters

http://www.mernickleholsters.com

I have ordered twice from Nate at UBG Holsters. turn around time has always been as quoted. Nice products too.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGeezer View Post
    Longer.

I ordered one from K&D on May 25th (almost 14 weeks ago) and got an e-mail from Kevin a week ago which stated, in part, "With respect to getting started on your order, I would expect to be doing that in the next week to 10 days. We are currently working on orders that were received May 7th - 19th." His quoted time at order was 8 to 10 weeks, but apparently his business is booming and he has had some difficulties in getting additional staff who can meet his quality standards, based on a post he made somewhere awhile back.

I'm also believing that the finished product will be worth the wait. This will be my first "custom" holster and see nothing but good words about K&D's products. So, I'm hoping to see mine in a couple of weeks.
    Dang! I ordered mine after yours!

Quote Originally Posted by David III View Post
    Tony at Milt Sparks has been getting longer lead times, but he does tell me when he sends the confirmation. It used to be four months, now right at six on the last holster.
    Something I've done is after I get a holster from him, I'll start thinking about what I may need in a year - and then go ahead and order it. There's always the chance that I guess wrong, but in the one time I did, I sold the holster in about 5 minutes here at work.
    Great quality takes time -- and I sure try to forget all about the order so I won't be waiting and wanting (that doesn't always work either)!
    Thing is great quality doesn't take time. It takes them 4 months to get to your order and a week or less to make your holster. Train some guys to do what you do!! We don't wanna wait for good custom holsters! I'm soo American. Can't wait for nuthin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links