Another SmartCarry Question....sorry

This is a discussion on Another SmartCarry Question....sorry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How about using smartcarry with a glock? Smartcarry basically is a pocket, so I guess its just like throwing your glock in your pants pocket. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another SmartCarry Question....sorry

How about using smartcarry with a glock? Smartcarry basically is a pocket, so I guess its just like throwing your glock in your pants pocket. Safety concerns? Talk amongst yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    How about using smartcarry with a glock? Smartcarry basically is a pocket, so I guess its just like throwing your glock in your pants pocket. Safety concerns? Talk amongst yourselves.
    Call Charlie at SmartCarry. He is great to talk to and answer questions.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    It is sort of like sticking the gun into a pocket, but it's a pocket that's specially-fit in which to carry a gun.

If you get the correct size, the gun doesn' move around (don't get one that's too big). What's more, they're designed to keep the trigger covered. So long as that's going on, your major safety concern is addressed.

I've not carried a Glock in a smartcarry, but I am a fan of smartcarries and I have carried other DAO, non-external-saftied pistols in them (a Kahr PM9, Kahr P45), and never had a problem or felt in danger.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

When I get lazy, sometimes i will carry either my Glock 19 or 26 in a smart carry, 2 different sizes though. If your skinny much more comfy, Im a classic Pear size, so the pants are a size bigger then usual. Good luck finding what works for you.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Saf-T-Blok?

Maybe with some sort of trigger block installed?

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/stb.html
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Once it's in the holster there are no worries for me. The problem I have is that there is no good way of securing the weapon without taking off my pants. Too many hands required and too much for a trigger to snag on going in.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Moderator
    When it is holstered the trigger is covered. The downside of smartcarry is that to remove the holster you have to drop your pants.

Drawing your pistol becomes much quicker with practice. I am as fast or maybe a shade faster drawing from my smartcarry than I am frm my tuckable. IWB or OWB is still much faster
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Is the material thick enough where simething cannot indent the fabric and pull the trigger? I know, I know it is far fetched, I'd have to fall on a screwdriver and then jump up and down..........

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    I'd have to fall on a screwdriver and then jump up and down..........

I don't see this happening with out you being stabbed. It is a padded demin and protects the trigger better than Uncle Mikes type holsters IMO
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I carry my Beretta PX4 Storm (7 ˝” OA length x 5 ˝” OA height) in a SmartCarry all day long with no problem. Sitting down and driving a car are comfortable and you will even forget that you are wearing it. I don’t think that it is just like carrying your gun in your front pocket especially if you carry something of considerable size and punch. The only thing that is detectable is a slight bulge near your pocket just under your belt caused by the butt end of the gun. I suppose a gun with a shorter height would be helpful but I like the fourteen round capacity that my gun has. Pleated pants and shorts have always been my dress style and this seems to make the bulge a lot less noticeable. I have also worn the SmartCarry holster with a pair of jeans (non-pleated) with no problems. I don’t worry about the bulge when I am walking as the motion of walking completely distracts ones eyes from this. If I am standing still and I feel self conscious about it, I have found that grabbing the front of my pants at the belt with both hands like I am pulling up my pants affords me the opportunity to “rock’ the butt end slightly under my belt. With the butt end slightly under my belt the weapon is completely invisible.

I would suggest reading the “feedback” section at SmartCarry.com for more opinions as I did before I purchased mine. I understand the Charlie has filled many orders for the Navy Seals and Air Marshals as well.

As far as being able to draw, I can draw with one hand by sucking in my gut. Re-holstering is a two hand operation and if I draw on someone I am not worried about re-holstering while I put handcuffs on someone as I am not a LEO.

I am not concerned about the safety aspects of carry in this manner because the holster rests on top of your privates and not over it.

Good Luck

Smart Carry / Thunderwear works well with a G23. No problems or issues. I prefer the K40 with the holster, but the 23 presents no problems whatsoever. Stay Safe!
    God Bless the USA

When I got my SmartCarry, I spent some time trying (with no ammo) to pull the trigger of my M&P with it in the holster. I just couldn't do it. I carry in condition 1 without the least bit of apprehension.

I did find that I move the Smart Carry to the left of center (I am right handed). Otherwise, when I sit the center seam of my pants causes comfort problems.

Very comfortable and I almost forget that it is there.

YMMV,

Ken
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him,
    but because he loves what is behind him."

- G.K. Chesterton [ 1874 - 1936 ]

VIP Member
    I use mine every Sunday with a Glock 27.

No, it isn't "just like a pocket". I tried to operate the trigger through the material and it's darn hard to do!
    Also, there isn't anything else in that pocket!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Carrying a Glock in a Smartcarry should pose no problem at all. As some posters have already made the point that operating the Glock trigger through the cloth of the SC is not an easy thing at all. Also, there is another layer of cloth over that (trousers, shorts, sweats, etd) which provides another layer of safety.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

VIP Member
    Always holster a Glock slowly and carefully. Draw fast. A smart carry should be in everyone's top holster drawer. Charlie carries a 5" 1911. He's the man to ask if you have questions or problems.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links