Don Hume Agent 711

Don Hume Agent 711

This is a discussion on Don Hume Agent 711 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got this holster in the mail the other day. I ordered it thinking it would be a nice OWB holster for CCW, with ...

Thread: Don Hume Agent 711

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar

Don Hume Agent 711

I just got this holster in the mail the other day. I ordered it thinking it would be a nice OWB holster for CCW, with a big enough cover garment. Turns out, the holster doesn't fit very snug against my body. The top of the slide sticks out while the butt of the grip sits nice and tight. It's the top of the slide that seems to be printing the most.

I've got a full size M&P (I know that's part of the problem), Wilderness belt and I've tried carrying it in every position from 3-5:30 with no success.

Does anyone else have this holster? Can you actually conceal with it?

I've got to say, this is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn so I really hope I can find a way to conceal with it. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

You should try their JIT slide they work better and also are comfortable.At least it does for me. sj

Thanks for the advice.

I don't know about the 711, but the 721 works fine. I carry a full sized M&P in one with no problem (H721 OT).

I have the H721 as well, although not the OT. Real happy with it.

Sailorwatson
    www.grandrogueencampment.com
    Sailor
    USN
    PM Doric 342
    www.grandrogueencampment.com

"Heres to you and heres to me, and in case we ever disagree, the h___ with you, heres to me"

I have a 711 for my XD40, for me it seems to work best at the 5 o'clock position.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a
    large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

When I had my XD I bought an Agent with it and had the same experience, had no trouble throwing it in with the deal when I sold it. I now have a 721 open top that was given to me for a 1911 and it holds pretty tight to the body. I don't get it I thought the only difference was the Agent had a retention strap.

Jim

My 711 Agent doesn't have a retention strap. I'm not sure as to what the differences are, though.

After playing around with it, I could probably get away using this carry combo with an XL shirt over it. It still prints a bit and is probably not ideal but I think it should work in a pinch.

I just got the J.I.T. Slide for my full size M&P 9mm and it conceals real nice. The inside of the holster is pretty rough and abrasive though. Should I treat it with simething? It'll rough the finish pretty quick the way it is.

New Member Array KyInvestigator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    I just got this holster in the mail the other day. I ordered it thinking it would be a nice OWB holster for CCW, with a big enough cover garment. Turns out, the holster doesn't fit very snug against my body. The top of the slide sticks out while the butt of the grip sits nice and tight. It's the top of the slide that seems to be printing the most.

I've got a full size M&P (I know that's part of the problem), Wilderness belt and I've tried carrying it in every position from 3-5:30 with no success.

Does anyone else have this holster? Can you actually conceal with it?

I've got to say, this is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn so I really hope I can find a way to conceal with it. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
    I used one with my 1911, and currently have a similar one (721). Both holsters are worn between the pants and the belt. Simply reverse your belt threading OVER the holster instead of underneath. You will be surprised at how much closer it rides while still feeling like and OWB holster.

Gunners Alley deals with Don Hume Holsters and they have a trade in program. You might check with them. I have purchased two belts and a holster-721- from them and they are great to do business with.

http://www.gunnersalley.com
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett View Post
    Gunners Alley deals with Don Hume Holsters and they have a trade in program. You might check with them. I have purchased two belts and a holster-721- from them and they are great to do business with.

http://www.gunnersalley.com
    That's where I got the holster from originally. I'll probably just keep it. I've got other guns with different holsters that are better for CCW. Thanks for the advice, though.

Sponsored Links