Gym carry - Page 2

Gym carry

This is a discussion on Gym carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by George Hill Jim Carry?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gym carry

Quote Originally Posted by George Hill
    Jim Carry?

Deke45, I'll start another thread on the RBCD.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...8813#post28813
    /***********
    Phill
    ************/

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
    William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRavens
    Deke45, I'll start another thread on the RBCD.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...8813#post28813
    Thanks Phil, I should have just started a new thread myself. In my mind though, it was somewhat relevant to this thread in the fact that finding a load suitable for greatly increasing lethality in a .32ACP, would make packing something like a small NAA Guardian or Seecamp to the gym much more feasible without totally sacrificing sufficient firepower.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Here is another option I would prefer for a workout carry:

It is the Action Direct Action Pac. I have several of their products and they are of top notch quality.
    http://www.action-direct.com/257.htm
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I use a neoprene walkman radio holder. I used to carry the walkman am/fm cassette player. My 340sc and a speed strip are lighter. I wear it like a belly band. If anything shows, it does not raise the least bit of suspicion.

If you are working out in a gym on stationary equipment, a small pack with a water bottle attachment (as already suggested) would be a inconspicious way to go about armed. You don't have to actually wear the pack, but just have it within easy reach on the machine you are working out on. I doubt anyone would give it a second look.

When you have to have the weapon on your person like when running or biking, I do one of the following.

For long runs (6 miles or more) I usually carry a small hydration pack from Camelback. It straps to the waist, holds up to 40 oz of liquid and has a couple of pockets large enough for a airweight J frame, keys and cell phone.

On short runs, or out on the bike, I use a belly band from either Bianchi, or Uncle Mikes. The Bianchi I've had for over 20 years and it is a bit more compact and comfortable than the Uncle Mikes, but I use them both. Not the most comfortable way to carry while moving and sweating, but for short runs of less than an hour I can deal with it. I don't see any reason (other than being slightly uncomfortable) that a bellyband wouldn't work on a treadmill or stationary bike either.

Fanny Packs are ok too, as everybody realizes that when you are in your workout clothes you have to have some way to carry your stuff. I've ran with a fanny pack on before and as long as you have it cinched down and off to the side, it doesn't bounce around much. Even when running downhill. In a gym scenario, I would just keep the fanny pack within arms reach.

Just my .02

TK

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I think my reservations here are more attached to changing and showering.

I see lots of guys who come in and lift, and then leave in their work-out shorts. A few have said that they shower at home for hygiene purposes. I get that; my old gym had lots of complaints on cleanliness.

That's not an option for me. I can lift okay, but when I transition to the StairMaster, I push myself until I'm dripping wet.

I must change, I must shower.

If I had a great way to carry, and a gun finished to tolerate this condition (and I'm thinking of the Robar finishes, for example), the transportation and readiness would be solved. However, when changing, I would have to depend on the gym's lockers and a padlock.

It doesn't happen often, but burglars have cut and looted many lockers.

For me and my decision on security, the best scenario would be to secure the firearm in the truck. Which I do, on occasion.

During the longer periods I work, off body is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Lol I don't think my landlord would like it if I started cutting down the landscaping!
    Too bad you are not in my neck of the woods. I will allow anyone wanting to exercise in the great outdoors to cut and split hardwood, and stack it neatly to season for me to burn next winter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links