CrossBreed Questions

CrossBreed Questions

This is a discussion on CrossBreed Questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SO, after much looking and thinking , I feel that Crossbreed offers what I want at a price I want. But, question is. I wear ...

CrossBreed Questions

SO, after much looking and thinking , I feel that Crossbreed offers what I want at a price I want. But, question is. I wear IWB at about 5 o'clock. So, do I get the SOB Crossbreed or the regular IWB?? I love the idea of SOB. This holster is for the Glock 23 that I will be buying my self for my Birthday. Please folks, offer up the 2 cents.
    God Bless America!!

There are lots of folks who discourage SOB carry due to it being un-comfortable, risk of spinal injury, etc. I see the Crossbreed SOB holster only has one clip that will support the gun on a belt. This design inherently will be less stable than the Standard IWB which attaches to the belt in two places. I typically carry iwb around 4:30-5:00 and tend to do the best with a holster that has a decent cant (i.e. Max-Con V). The Crossbreed Supertuck will allow you to adjust the cant as you desire, I would go with that holster. Happy Birthday!

I agree with slimjim, I'd get the Super Tuck as well for the support for me but the best thing to do is call the maker and hash out your questions and concerns with them. You can get answers on here all day long but what will work for you might be totally different for others like me, slimjim or anyone else that post's an opinion.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I have not tried cross breeds SOB... and I dont have or carry any SOB holsters, so granted my opinion is limited.

I have 3 holsters for my G 23 and since I got the crossbreed, I havent used the others. I have the super tuck, and have worn it to work with several shirts I would NEVER try to concealed carry, but it works great! In my practice, it draws quickly and easily.

I highly recommend the holsters. As for the SOB- others will hopefully have experience to share.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Sponsor
    Derrin,

I hope it OK that I chime in here.

First let's address the SOB question, SOBs are very good for standing carry where you might sit down some but not as a rule. They are not a long car trip holster or a seated at a desk holster. They are better suited to a situation such as a clerk behind a counter or a long day on one's feet where you wont sit much. They are very good at concealing a gun in the correct situation but are limited in thier scope. As to the back injury thing, my personal and professional opinion is that it is one of those things that has been blown way out of proportion. Yes you might fall on it and get hurt, but you might get killed in a car crash tomorrow as well. I won't go any further down that road.

Now let's address IWB or "strong side" carry. A behind-the-hip strong side holster is almost never a bad idea. It is easily accessible and easily hidden in 98% of all situations, standing, seated, whatever. There is a reason most folks out there carry somewhere between 3:30 and 5:00 on the strong side, IT WORKS! For the the most versatility, comfort, and concealability, get a good strong-side IWB and get real comfortable with it, then look at specialty holsters for specific situations. That last sentence is doubly true for those new to CCW. On that note there is a reason that our SuperTuck out-sells all our other rigs combined at about an 8-1 ratio, IT WORKS!

Thanks 'fer listenin'
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Derrin,

I hope it OK that I chime in here.

First let's address the SOB question, SOBs are very good for standing carry where you might sit down some but not as a rule. They are not a long car trip holster or a seated at a desk holster. They are better suited to a situation such as a clerk behind a counter or a long day on one's feet where you wont sit much. They are very good at concealing a gun in the correct situation but are limited in thier scope. As to the back injury thing, my personal and professional opinion is that it is one of those things that has been blown way out of proportion. Yes you might fall on it and get hurt, but you might get killed in a car crash tomorrow as well. I won't go any further down that road.

Now let's address IWB or "strong side" carry. A behind-the-hip strong side holster is almost never a bad idea. It is easily accessible and easily hidden in 98% of all situations, standing, seated, whatever. There is a reason most folks out there carry somewhere between 3:30 and 5:00 on the strong side, IT WORKS! For the the most versatility, comfort, and concealability, get a good strong-side IWB and get real comfortable with it, then look at specialty holsters for specific situations. That last sentence is doubly true for those new to CCW. On that note there is a reason that our SuperTuck out-sells all our other rigs combined at about an 8-1 ratio, IT WORKS!

Thanks 'fer listenin'
    Right from the horses mouth. What a great forum!

My supertuck works great at 5:00. I don't carry there usually but I have one pair of shorts that has wierd belt loop positions and thats where is can go.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Super Tuck all the way

VIP Member
    The super tuck is my day in day out all around favorite. It is well broken in like a baseball glove, and I have only had to make slight modifications to soften edges and relieve the kydex that touched the hand in a full grip. After softening the inside leather just to allow my thumb to dive inside for the grip, it is fast. You need to practice acquiring the grip with any holster, and the crossbreed presents a small target for the thumb below the leather and above the back strap of the gun. Its adjustable cant will make it the most comfortable holster you'll find, anywhere. Mark's service is the best.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links