Another +1 for Comp-Tac MTAC

Another +1 for Comp-Tac MTAC

This is a discussion on Another +1 for Comp-Tac MTAC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I just received my MTAC today after ordering it last Tuesday. Talk about fast service, I called the order in and the rep ...

Thumbs up Another +1 for Comp-Tac MTAC

Hi guys,
    I just received my MTAC today after ordering it last Tuesday. Talk about fast service, I called the order in and the rep was very patient and knowledgeable about the product. I ordered the open slide version as I plan on carrying my G27, with occasional use by my G17.

First impressions, very nice rig. Well put together, put it on right away over my Wilderness 1.5" belt and it was really comfortable. Holds my G27 closer than my previous holster. Both guns fit very well in it, I went from very little print to no print at all with my daily wear. Will see how it feels once it is really broken in.

My 2c.

SY

New Member Array deserteagleshooter's Avatar
    Ordered mine Monday for Colt Lt wt Commander. Paid extra for the C-clips which look to be less conspicuous. I like idea of being able to convert it for my HK 2000sk for only $30 more (if the 1911 proves too unwieldy).

Todd

VIP Member
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I'd like to see an "in use" pic too.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagleshooter View Post
    Ordered mine Monday for Colt Lt wt Commander. Paid extra for the C-clips which look to be less conspicuous. I like idea of being able to convert it for my HK 2000sk for only $30 more (if the 1911 proves too unwieldy).

Todd
    I had the standard & C clips also. Standard works just fine - but you can tell you are carrying "something". I went with the velcro and haven't looked back. Totally stealth. The only draw back with the velcro clips is small adjustments are a pain. But usually once you make a note of where your sweet spot is - you are good there after.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I had the standard & C clips also. Standard works just fine - but you can tell you are carrying "something". I went with the velcro and haven't looked back. Totally stealth. The only draw back with the velcro clips is small adjustments are a pain. But usually once you make a note of where your sweet spot is - you are good there after.
    +1 I love "V" clips. Esp when your in "Tucked" mode!!

MikeV

I love mine and but don't think I'd ever tuck it. It fits ALL my Glocks 19,23,26 & 27. Standard clips work fine on my Wilderness belt and also my leather gun belts. It has been in use several weeks now and adapted itself to my from. Gets more comfortable every day. I'll be buy another slide body for new 1911

Just got my MTAC in the mail today. It's for my G30. The C-Clips work great with my heavy nylon web belt. I am having a little trouble keeping the back C-Clip in the right place on my stiff leather belt. I think the regular clips would work better for that belt.

Very comfy and great quality too.

Thumbs up

Really beginning to like this thang!

Switched over from 220 Compact to HK P2SK and it even rides better than the MS VMII w/Wilderness belt! Of course things are different w/the Rafter and Beltman but for $70+
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by DrLax View Post
    Just got my MTAC in the mail today. It's for my G30. The C-Clips work great with my heavy nylon web belt. I am having a little trouble keeping the back C-Clip in the right place on my stiff leather belt. I think the regular clips would work better for that belt.

Very comfy and great quality too.
    Yep, that is the problem with the C clips. I tried them on a couple of belts. I thought about trying to heat the edges to the clip - top & bottom - and then bend them sharply - like a 90 degree angle - just on the tips/edges that barely hang over the belt. Otherwise they are useless to me. I got tired of fighting with them. Untucked - you can't beat standard clips. Tucked - you can't beat velcro clips. This is jmo and my experience.

+1 on the MTAC. Ordered mine Saturday and received it Wednesday. I wore it all day and it felt great. The first IWB to do so for me. Highly recommend it. BTW, I got the slide for the Glock.

Pics for Miggy and others

Here are a few pics of the holster in use, hope they come out ok.

SY
    Holster w/G27

Normal wear

Untucked

Tucked

Links