Cell/Pager Pal simple mod

This is a discussion on Cell/Pager Pal simple mod within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this has been flamed around here, but I thought I'd mention an easy mod. The "pager" clip is laughable and the $20 cell ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell/Pager Pal simple mod

Cell/Pager Pal simple mod

I know this has been flamed around here, but I thought I'd mention an easy mod. The "pager" clip is laughable and the $20 cell phone clip is clunky AND ugly! I was able to slip my normal cell phone holster into it and it works fine! Looks normal now.

I think this will work well for small guns like a KelTec or Kahr PM series. Larger guns may "bulge" too much! Shouldn't really bulge any worse than a smartcarry I would think?

Quality seems on the low side (stitching, leather, plastic clip). Not really worth the $60 (+$20 for cell phone). Pics to follow.

Plus I'm a lefty and the smarmy gunshow carny tried to convince me to take a righty "since they don't make the lefty anymore"! This right after I tried the lefty demo they had on the table. Luckily I reached up and pulled a lefty off the rack on the second try.

2. Remove Ads

Rusty,

You wouldn't need a lefty Fobus Glock holster, would ya? I got it in a box full of stuff, and can't seem to find a lefty Glock owner.

pager pal

Although it may not be of the highest quality, mine has served me well. With a good belt I can conceal a full size Kimber rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Morgan View Post
    Rusty,

You wouldn't need a lefty Fobus Glock holster, would ya? I got it in a box full of stuff, and can't seem to find a lefty Glock owner.
    No Glocks yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    No Glocks yet!

Apparently, we lefties are more evolved, and above the ownership of such an abomination.

I'm a lefty and own three Glocks! Oh, wait, I shoot right handed; Neve mind!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I know this has been flamed around here, but I thought I'd mention an easy mod. The "pager" clip is laughable and the $20 cell phone clip is clunky AND ugly! I was able to slip my normal cell phone holster into it and it works fine! Looks normal now.

I think this will work well for small guns like a KelTec or Kahr PM series. Larger guns may "bulge" too much! Shouldn't really bulge any worse than a smartcarry I would think?

Quality seems on the low side (stitching, leather, plastic clip). Not really worth the $60 (+$20 for cell phone). Pics to follow.

Plus I'm a lefty and the smarmy gunshow carny tried to convince me to take a righty "since they don't make the lefty anymore"! This right after I tried the lefty demo they had on the table. Luckily I reached up and pulled a lefty off the rack on the second try.
    Over 2 years of almost daily carry. The only problem I have is breaking the pagers.

Works better with the slim PPK/S than the S&W CS45, but either way it's deeply concealed, and completely comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    I'm a lefty and own three Glocks! Oh, wait, I shoot right handed; Neve mind!

I shoot right handed, rope right handed, hammer, etc.. All the guns and ropes I had around growing up were right handed, so I just evolved.
    Now, I can outshoot ya with BOTH hands!

..."since they don't make the lefty anymore"!
    This doesn't sound right. Check with Charlie or JoAnn @ Smart Carry. They make them up as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    This doesn't sound right. Check with Charlie or JoAnn @ Smart Carry. They make them up as needed.
    That was just a line of BS by the gunshow carny when he thought it was a lost sale when I asked for the lefty model. He didn't think he had one until I found it on the rack.

I would like to see a pic of how you got your cel phone on the PP
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Here ya go! Cell holster has a spring clip and also rotates. Phone is held in by elastic. None of that bulky strap crap like the cell pal holster. Cost me $10 at a fleamarket. The clip on it is a bit shorter than the fake pager one, so the pagerpal rides a smidgen higher inside the pants.

My first holster was a PagerPal for a small snub nosed revolver. The fake pager that came with it wouldn't fool anyone IMHO. I got a cell phone holster with a J belt hook, as you show in the picture. It worked quite well, after I modified the leather a little bit. Unfortunately, the assembly stressed the plastic of the phone cradle and it cracked after about 3 weeks of wear. A replacement phone cradle also cracked in an even shorter time. I finally went to a more conventional IWB holster. BTW, my draw never worked as seamlessly as demonstrated on the manufacturer's website.

IMHO, these are just more mall ninja crap.

no more mall ninja than a Smartcarry or other appendix carry IWB. Just a different concept. No harm in trying different things to see what works. I'm definitely not sold on the cell pal yet, have to see how it works out.

To me trying to conceal the support system is even LESS mall ninja. Seeing those HUGE kydex clips, or even loops, on a regular IWB is a dead giveaway to me. I see mall ninja almost more trying to advertise you're cool and carrying than trying to ultimately conceal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links