Crossbreed - Extensive Review & Comparison (pic intensive)

This is a discussion on Crossbreed - Extensive Review & Comparison (pic intensive) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Musketeer I have a first generation cross-breed and one of the first reviews on his site. It is a well made and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed - Extensive Review & Comparison (pic intensive)

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    I have a first generation cross-breed and one of the first reviews on his site. It is a well made and thought out holster. The only reason it is not my primary rig at this time for my 1911 is the exposed muzzle. While the design lends it to any length barrel the exposed muzzle/site wore a hole right through two pairs of jeans and a pair of dockers. The hole was inside the right rear pocket, where the fabric constantly rubbed ont he exposed metal.

Other than that I think it is a great rig.
    Why don't you glue a skirt of soft leather to the bottom of the kydex to hand down and cover the gun's muzzle? That should go a long way towards solving the problem.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, that's a thorough review/report...
    I do not like the exposed barrel...that would concern me...
    Also, lots of leather next to the body...
    To each his own...whatever works!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is for Warren or for anyone else who'd like to see more "angles" while wearing a SuperTuck tucked in.

In this second picture you can see where I had a nice japanese man at the local Boot Doctor sew in the velcro onto my belt. It works.

The video's not the best quality and there's no sound, but I hope it helps some of you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQYGYznDL0

For a size perspective, I'm 6'1" about 225lbs (man, I need to loose like 20lbs).
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Hmm. Just got mine the other day and it creaks bigtime. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-john

What part(s) are creaking? I haven't had any creaking. Check your screws to make sure they are nice and snug. If any of the rivets are loose call up Mark and let him know.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Wow! Just tremendous concealment.

Thanks for doing that.

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    What part(s) are creaking? I haven't had any creaking.
    I'll look again when I'm home, but it seems like the leather itself creaking as it flexes.

-john

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    I'll look again when I'm home, but it seems like the leather itself creaking as it flexes.

-john
    My M-TAC's leather creaks too. I try to ignore it, but wish someone could make a suggestion.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

I wrote Crossbreed and he said "Try some saddle soap on the front of the leather where the clips might be rubbing". Guess I'll need to nab some saddle soap.

-john

Thumbs up My Update

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    I'm so ugly I make my Crossbreed look great! It's my most comfortable IWB
    I almost returned my Super Tuck Deluxe. The "J" Hooks were awful and the "C" Clips were too tight for my belt. So Mark sent me a set of the new spring clips.

We had a tragedy today in this town. I'm sure everybody's heard by now about the tragic shooting of four cops today in my neck of the woods. 1 is dead and three others wounded by a slimebag with little or no criminal record who had an AK47. Watch the antis put this dog and pony show into legislation! Anyway, he seems to have had a decent E&E plan for such emergencies and he's slipped the huge noose they had out for him. I had to run the wife on some errands today and felt there was no time like the present to give the new clips for the Crossbreed a test run. We went to our Jenny Craig appointment where I gained an impossible six pounds (P226, spare mag, cell phone, wallet, iPod, etc) So we agreed the scale may be a little out of whack. I wonder if that helps every OTHER person who weighed in today? We were the last appointment and I was the last on the scale. Next we went to Nordstrom's Dept store and had a neat little meal at their sumptious cafe. All the time I was concealing a Sig P226 Blackwater 9mm under a simple button down short sleeve shirt with a SigArms logo on the chest pocket. It did haul my pants down a bit and it felt well....strange. But if I have the chance to haul a great gun and avoid a vest or other garment in Miami temps....it's well worth it! I have some pix below.
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

gun logo?

Does it count as concealment if you have on a shirt with a gun logo on it?
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Wink Soitenly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcunited View Post
    Does it count as concealment if you have on a shirt with a gun logo on it?
    Sometimes I even carry underneath my NRA Certified Instructor shirt! Sheep don't notice such things, nor do many understand the meaning of SIGARMS. Heck I wore that shirt to work today. Think my Principal got the message?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Is that a gunbelt or just a regular belt?
    That's a Galco gunbelt. I don't find a gunbelt necessary with the Crossbreed, but I don't own a normal brown belt anymore. I've worn the Crossbreed with several belts--As long as the belt is sized to fit the clips, it doesn't seem to matter much if it is a cheap thin one.

...except in a bathroom stall, where a stiff gunbelt is a very significant advantage.

Went to order the new clips for my holster that's only slightly older than a month, and was a bit dissappointed on the shipping. $9.00 is a great price for the clips, but after shipping it brought the price to nearly $18.00. So I didn't order them. I love the new style of clip, but $20 is hard to justify just for a different way to put the holster on. Why would it cost that much to ship a couple of plastic clips?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    Went to order the new clips for my holster that's only slightly older than a month, and was a bit dissappointed on the shipping. $9.00 is a great price for the clips, but after shipping it brought the price to nearly $18.00. So I didn't order them. I love the new style of clip, but $20 is hard to justify just for a different way to put the holster on. Why would it cost that much to ship a couple of plastic clips?

I understand that $7.50 S&H on a $9.00 item seems a bit steep and I actually debated it before I put them up, but the fact of the matter is that S&H covers more than just postage. It covers the cost of the packaging and the cost of labor dollars to pay someone to package, address, and take them to the PO.

It takes just as much time to package and ship a pair of clips as it does to prepare and ship a holster. CrossBreed Holsters has gone beyond the point that I can run it as a one man show anymore, and employee wages, and the taxes and workmans comp which go with them now have to be figured into the cost of things.

The good news is that if you order extra clips at the same time you order your holster, there is no additional S&H charge.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links